Outdoor faucet leak

I have an outdoor faucet that leaks pretty substatially when on. It is butted up to the vynl siding. How do I repair or replace?
On Sep 7, 7:18 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

From where does it leak, exactly? Tom

Leaks from the handle
As others have said, the packing nut needs to be tightened, repacked, or replaced.
Here is a site with a few pictures: <http://hammerzone.com/archives/plumbing/faucet/outdoor/repair/washer_replace.htm
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

That link was most helpful, thanks!
Leaks with water turned on, or turned off? with hose atached, or no hose?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 19:18:16 -0700, bigjcw1023 wrote:

Tighten the packing nut under the handle.

Or replace the packing.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit