Our phones won't ring!

Yeah... 35 years in the business and one can't help but pick-up some of it!

Me, too.

My experience has improved a LOT since I filtered-out the noise, spam and other wasted bandwidth from Google.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

High voltage compared to the usual 12 volts.

About 80 volts AC iirc.

Reply to
mm

What happened to all the commercial spam, 100 a day or more, I was getting up to May? It disappeared either in May or June, and now I get only 3 or 4 a day.

Did someone do something?

Reply to
mm

Here I see 50VDC on an "on-hook" phone line, ringing adds 75VAC, so the voltage would be varying from -25V to +125V.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Negative earth so no electrolysis! Goes back to the old tram and trolley bus days and phone cables with lead sheathing. Almost all digital nowdays except for the ring trip relay.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

OK. We agree it's not 1000 or 10,000 volts, which is what I was afraid someone would think of for high voltage.

Reply to
mm