OT - Wyndham Vacation TImeshare - Waste of Time??

Page 2 of 2
to SMS,
Thanks, the hotel vs airfare gimmick was exactly how I thought it was, I just wanted someone to agree with my thinking without my mentioning the problem first. So, again,
THANKS!!!!!
On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 3:41:29 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

I mentioned that you have to book the hotel through their travel agency and they could jack up the price in one of the first replies.
On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 12:01:37 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

30 destinations in the U.S., Hawaii, Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe, good for 2 years from Issue Date (2 airline tickets per vacation, 2 vacations a llowed) and, when you are ready to make your reservation (advance notice is required), you must purchase your hotel stay through the airline-ticketing agency, First Priority Travel, for a minimum number of nights, choosing fr om the hotels offered. Or, if you don't want to fly, you can use the cert ificate for a discount of up to $100 per night at select hotels. Your "Fly Away Getaway" certificate includes a 47-page booklet with pictures and des criptions of the destination and hotel choices. Taxes (hotel tax plus ai rline/airport tax of $28-$98 per domestic airline ticket) and fuel surcharg es, if applicable, are not included. Baggage fees, if applicable, and prem ium seat assignment fees, if applicable, are not included. Incidental expe nses are not included.

ies thought out the US. Log on, search to find your favorite restaurant, pr int certificate and use, it's that simple. Please seewww.diningdough.com fo r details."

are worth while or not. It is hard to tell if their choices of destination s are places I might want to go, and I probably would not stay at their cho ices of hotels since I would be going places where I know local residents.

I went to one of these many years ago. I got the free hotel room, ski lift tickets, and a free dinner and breakfast, but it was all in exchange for a very long and boring high-pressure sales pitch. I could tell early on that it wasn't worth what they were charging and they finally let me go. I only regret that I was too polite for too long.
Paul