OT: Woman finds rocks on beach in Cal, they ignite her pants and burn her

As I continue to say, the USA is a strange and frightening place...
====================== Rocks Found At Trestles Beach Ignite In Woman's Pocket
Woman Put Rocks In Pocket After Her Children Picked Them Up From Beach
http://www.10news.com/news/31076377/detail.html
The 43-year old woman's children picked up the seven orange and green rocks on Saturday at San Onofre State Beach, which is popular with surfers and known locally as Trestles.
The rocks combusted and set the woman's shorts on fire and continued to burn the wood floor of her Avenida Estrella house, according Capt. Marc Stone of the Orange County Fire Authority.
The woman, whose name was not released, was hospitalized at Western Medical Center in Santa Ana with third-degree burns to her right thigh and knee, Stone said. He added that the victim "stopped, dropped and rolled" in an effort to douse the flames, and her husband suffered second-degree burns to his hands as he tried to help.

It is, best you stay home.
On 5/17/2012 9:08 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Home Guy reminds me of Bill Hicks and the CNN routine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v8nS82KaZHA

Put down the newspaper, turn off the TV, and enjoy life. ;)
--

On 5/17/2012 10:22 AM, gonjah wrote:

home guy *is* the troubled person who sits down next to you at a public place or inhabits public places and never misses a chance to tell everyone how they are a prophet and no one listens to them...
It makes no sense to engage in any dialogue with such a person.
On 5/17/2012 11:37 AM, George wrote:

Homo guy enjoys being a hemorrhoid ;)
On 5/17/2012 10:08 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

But things seem to be pretty desperate in Canada. Now absolutely everyone is eating government approved roadkill:
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/05/15/canadians-can-expect-roadkill-to-reach-dinner-table-ndp
On 5/17/2012 11:34 AM, George wrote:

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/05/15/canadians-can-expect-roadkill-to-reach-dinner-table-ndp
Chronic wasting disease is a problem in Canada:
http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8325.html
They need to finish what's put on the table before them?

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/05/15/canadians-can-expect-roadkill-to-reach-dinner-table-ndp
Chronic wasting disease is a problem in Canada:
http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8325.html
Frank wrote:

The only thing that's chronically wasting is the economic and social health of the United States.
On 5/17/2012 6:40 PM, Home Guy wrote:

Everything is hunky dory right here. Don't be too disappointed now.
--

George wrote:

41-year-old Florida Man arrested - says he shot deer from roadway to feed family
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Deputies-Man-says-he-shot-deer-from-roadway-to-feed-family/-/1637132/13499284/-/yg9cb5z/-/index.html
GOLDEN GATE ESTATES, Fla. -
A Collier County man accused of shooting two deer says he needed to feed his family.
Jail records show 41-year-old Wilfredo Castillo was arrested Friday on charges of unlawful taking of doe deer, discharging a firearm from a public roadway and felony trespassing by projectile. His court date is June 11.
Castillo told deputies he shot the deer because he was unemployed and needed food to feed his family.
On Thu, 17 May 2012 12:47:20 -0700, harry wrote:

I was wondering how a "rock" could catch fire!

Obviously she was wearing hot pants...... Women should ddress more conservatively at the beach......
Was that a flash in the pant idea?

Obviously she was wearing hot pants...... Women should dress more conservatively at the beach......
On Thu, 17 May 2012 17:55:34 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
She was flashing? That *is* hot!

Hmm, at first I was thinking ordinance.
But they've also been talking about things washing up on the West Coast from the tsunami in Japan.
--
Dan Espen

Home Guy wrote the following on 5/17/2012 9:26 AM (ET):

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

SNIP
Yes it is....to some. And this serves as a very effective filter, as it has since around 1780 or so. :)
I certainly hope this filter effect continues.
I'll take Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness over POGG any day.

maybe she found some of these.
http://blujay.com/item/Hand-Blaster-Balls-15120000-2409838
Remove 333 to reply. Randy