OT Which direction is your ceiling fan SUPPOSED to run?

Page 10 of 13
On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 23:15:30 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

The NYT reeks of partisanship and crude intellectual dishonesty. It has become a parody of its former respectable self. My wife likes it, so we get the Sunday edition delivered.
--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Plus latent heat of vaporization -- you're de-evaporating water, which gives off quite a lot by volume.
Tim
--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation
On 7/7/2014 7:15 PM, Tim Williams wrote:

Silly! You de-evaporate water by WEIGHT. Not volume. And some call it "condensing" the water. In any case, yes, that's a lot of latent heat.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

heat were doing.
On Mon, 07 Jul 2014 19:06:55 -0400, Stormin Mormon

earlier post. Still - it is a pittance.
On 7/7/2014 8:00 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Pittance? You English talk funny.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

That is an understatement.
?-)
On Tue, 08 Jul 2014 23:03:36 -0700, Cydrome Leader

I did!
I used to think they were just for making flies avoid the room, and kept envisioning people in a smoke filled room sitting around a table covered in green felt playing cards, etc.
But, after finally trying one, I see the advantage in 'low humidity' conditions. Makes the air 'seem' cooler and doesn't stuff the pockets of the ultities firms.
On Wed, 9 Jul 2014 06:03:36 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader

If you stand under a ceiling fan wearing a pickelhaube, I guess(tm) it might remove the point, making it pointless: <https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=pickelhaube
On 7/9/2014 11:26 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

:)
On Wed, 9 Jul 2014 06:03:36 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader

Anyone who thinks they're pointless has never had one. They work very well and they're cheap. I'd install a few more if it weren't such a PITA.
On Wed, 9 Jul 2014 06:03:36 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader

We really appreciate ours.
--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
On Wed, 9 Jul 2014 06:03:36 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader

I spent a year in Germany while in the USCG. There was a bar that we frequented where the (German) owners weren't really fans of the German army. Every now and then one of them would come of the back room carrying a fancy toilet, with some beautiful artwork painted on it. Inside the toilet there was pickelhaube filled with...what else...pickles! They would walk around giving out free pickles to the patrons.
On 7/10/2014 12:08 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Is a toilet in Germany something different from what it is here? I can't picture carrying a toilet without some help and I don't think I would be serving pickles from one... 8-@
--

Rick

On 7/10/2014 12:27 PM, rickman wrote:

If it is good enough for the dog to drink from, it is good enough for yhou to eat pickles from. Pass on the chocolate candy bar though.

Definitely not me. Love 'em.
On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 22:36:20 +0100, Brian Gregory

Which is better, hot and humid or cold and clammy??? If those are your only options, you are never comfortable. You need to be able to dry the air at both ends of the scale.

On Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:17:00 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Why are those two your only options? Like Brian, I have no problem setting a comfortable temperature. If it's too humid, I've never had conditions where lowering the thermostat 2 degrees didn't fix it and result in a comfortable temperature. If it's 80+ and humid outside, the AC runs enough so that humidity isn't a problem. If it's cooler and the AC isn't running, lowering it a degree or two to run the AC for a bit lowers both the humidity and the temp and it's comfortable, because it's the combined effect that we feel. You must live in some unusual conditions.

They don't make flies avoid the room, but they do stop flies.
--
umop apisdn