OT-What the hell are we coming to?

Page 2 of 2

Jon Danniken wrote the following:

He did say OT: Demonstrations at American soldier's funerals are political ? They could have been homeowners.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

How about "that crackpot baptist bunch from Kansas are dumber than a bag of hammers"?
hibb wrote the following:

I don't know who said that, but that kinda brings it back on topic then, doesn't it?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
hibb wrote:

Why would you want to insult hammers?

fuck off.
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:41:51 -0700, "Jon Danniken"

Is that as bad as idiots making a post in an Off Topic thread?

Holy Crap! Where the hell did that come from? Please explain how this is political. Or are you one of those who drops a turd and then walks away? I would really like to know how you judge this particular OT post as being political.
God help us all if a member of your family would be killed in service and subjected to this group of rabid skunks. I HAVE SEEN THEM IN ACTION. It puts new meaning to degenerate.
Maybe you approve!
FO
RonB

Holy Crap! Where the hell did that come from? Please explain how this is political. Or are you one of those who drops a turd and then walks away? I would really like to know how you judge this particular OT post as being political.
God help us all if a member of your family would be killed in service and subjected to this group of rabid skunks. I HAVE SEEN THEM IN ACTION. It puts new meaning to degenerate.
Maybe you approve!
FO
RonB
You must pardon Jon. He is an idiot. He will rant about OT political postings in a home repair newsgroup, and yet post volumes of things political in a home repair newsgroup. I wonder why that is. I have had Jon in the round electronic file for quite a while now, as WYSIWYG with Jon. Don't waste your time or aspirin on him. He's not worth it. He's a hypocrite.
Steve

We are coming to a time like would have happened 30 years ago. When a good old West Texas butt kicking is handed out immediately to the people who pull these shenanigans. That is what was called for. That is what was needed. That is what will put an end to all this.
Can you imagine doing this thirty years ago? What do you think would have happened?
I think a good old West Texas butt kicking would have been administered, and then the services resumed.
I really don't understand why it doesn't happen today. If this was to happen at a family member of mine's funeral, I guarangoddammtee you that an ass kicking would have been given, and I would be the one in charge.
Mark Levin is posting a link to where you can donate to this family's legal fund.
Do it.
Steve

Because these events are doubtless heavily camcorded, in suit-happy America, some judge would entertain a lawsuit for assault. Remember Rodney King? A drunk driver speeding along public highways should be drawn and quartered, not just beat down. But he got big $$$ instead. We live in complicated times.
I remember in Formula One racing when Pablo Montoya was the new kid on the block and he ran Michael Schumacher off the track in a very unsportsmanlike manuever. Michael didn't go right back at him. He waited until he got to a portion of the track that was out of the steward's view and then administered payback.
Out of all the enemies to make in the world, perhaps the worst to make are grieving friends of special forces operators and various other highly trained military personnel. Probably only angering the mob is dumber.

The problem is they would sue win and probably win and use the money to fund more funeral crashing. It won't be long before a counterforce forms, I think, and that will be that. Texas justice, 2010 style. I'll bet it would be pretty easy with a phone tree and some advance notice to form a living safety cordon around the funeral.
I thought Bush solved this problem with dedicated protest zones, though. Cage 'em up a few miles away.

Good. In the long run, they've got a seriously losing proposition. Even doves don't like to see soldier's funerals desecrated. Who's on their side except for whack jobs? It's not even like they're peaceniks, they're nutniks. God is punishing us for homos? C'mon, he uses hot lava and pestilence for that.
-- Bobby G.

later you can burn the flag as free speech opinions did carve out a WTBK option. Something about how it was fighting words.
--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars

I haven't verified it but I hear there are only 10 or 15 of them, they are mostly one family, and they do it for the money.
They goad someone into doing something they can sue him for.
I don't hold any Kansans but them responsible for what they do.
mm wrote:

10 or 15? How many rounds does an M-16 mag hold?
TDD

Following up on myself, I was wrong. ABC Evening News on tv said notight that there were 40 to 80 of them, mostly family.

I am a peaceful person, BUT sometimes a baseball bat can be used for other things but hitting a ball. WW
WW wrote:

A baseball bat can be used to hit a screwball. *snicker*
TDD

"we" aren't anything like those people. If there is a hell, Fred Phelps will burn in it for a good long time. There's nothing to him but hatred and a lack of decency.
nate

"we" aren't anything like those people. If there is a hell, Fred Phelps will burn in it for a good long time. There's nothing to him but hatred and a lack of decency.
nate
Not to worry. There IS a hell, and Mr. Phelps will be there for the duration.
Steve