OT-What the hell are we coming to?

Sometimes I feel ashamed to be a Kansas just because these bastards live here:

RonB

I don't care much for the wars that we are fighting these days but I do think our service men and who follow orders and pay the ultimate price should be given some protections as their families deal with such a personal tragedy.

Those people in that Church are the Christian Taliban.

David

Reply to
hibb

Here in the UK, someone would burn their church down...... There was a near riot when a bunch of muslims tried to protest at dead soldiers funerals here. They only tried it once.

harry

Well, the Baptists do have free speech. But, good manners would have them respect the fallen soldier's service.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Some Baptists are wing nuts and then you have the decent ones.

Southern Baptists don't handle snakes (rattlers/vipers) or drink poisons.

I can just see *ALL* Baptists being blamed for this bullshit.

-- "When you find the perfect church, don't join it. It won't be perfect any more" Dr. Emit O. Ray

Reply to
Oren

families and funerals from terrorist attacks by fanatic, religious zealots.

HTC

Reply to
HCT

Maybe soldiers should attend other soldiers funerals. And, in honor of their comrade in arms, they should attend while heavily personally armed. A warrior without weapons is like a politician without a microphone.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

RonB wrote the following:

I have no answers that don't involve violence. Perhaps we need a federal law to prevent such demonstrations at military funerals, either at the funeral site or anywhere near the cemetery, or within site of the . mourners. Talk to your state senators.

Reply to
willshak

Stormin Mormon wrote the following:

That is more peaceful than my thoughts about a well placed IED. :-)

Reply to
willshak

It's not "we", it is "they". I can't imagine a more cruel demonstration of one's political issues. They give God a bad name :o) They may call themselves a church, and there are monsters in most religious bodies...wolves in sheep's clothing. There was a bunch of Nazi skinheads who liked to demonstrate in Jewish neighborhoods. Just another form of bully.

Reply to
norminn

willshak wrote in news:vLadneqONfRAWy7WnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

No,to be peaceful,you need a RC plane equipped with a pepper spray fogger. Then you buzz the protestors and hose 'em good. Preferably with that new Bhut jolokia pepper,the hottest in the world.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I don't know if it's true but I was told that they went to West Virginia to protest during a funeral and the daddy of that bunch was told that if they protested it could be arranged for him to fall down a mountain as many times as it takes for him to die of the accident. I guess they lit out of town swearing that West Virginia had more demons than Las Vegas.

Like most bullies, they are just a bunch of cowards.

David

Reply to
hibb

The group was sued by the Dad of a Marine whose funeral they broke up. The Supremes are currently mulling over that issue. We'll see how the first amendment stacks up.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Or call out these guys...

Kurt Ullman

Kurt Ullman wrote the following:

First, you must suspect that there will be demonstration at the funeral. If it happens unannounced at a funeral it will be too late to call them. I will attend any local funeral for a military member, but I live in a rural area and there aren't that many funerals for military members. Besides, NYS has a law that prohibits the disturbance of any religious services and is punishable as a misdemeanor. The presence of the local police department members, a paramilitary organization, at a military funeral, should be a requisite.

Reply to
willshak

I'm not religious, and have little use for organized religion in general. But disrupting a funeral is the height of bad manners. It doesn't matter if you agree with the organization the deceased served with or not, the war they were fighting, or think their death is some sort of divine retribution. Their family and friends are in pain, and should be accorded a little space. Along with the various volunteers that form a perimeter to keep these nutcakes away, the local media could do a service by basically ignoring them (ie, say there were protesters, but don't say who), and for heavens sake don't show pictures of them. Shun them, essentially.

What is the old common-law expression? Free speech stops at another's nose? I think disrupting a funeral ethically qualifies as assault. Go downtown and picket on a street corner- leave the families alone to deal with their grief.

Reply to
aemeijers

It's almost as bad as idiots posting political bullshit in a home repair group.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

He did say OT: Demonstrations at American soldier's funerals are political ? They could have been homeowners.

Reply to
willshak

How about "that crackpot baptist bunch from Kansas are dumber than a bag of hammers"?

Reply to
hibb

"Jon Danniken" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

f*ck off.