OT Taxes ~ Hybrid Car Tax Credit

Page 2 of 2
On 1/31/2012 9:04 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

It just happened to be there when I needed the replacement windows.
But, I do suspect most who got it took advantage of it.
I know a guy that has a Prius but finagled with his daughter to trade in a junker so he got the tax credit for another.
I don't blame him and blame the system that fosters it.
I say, government should not subsidize anybody.
My former employer who riffed/retired/fired thousands in the area is getting a million dollar grant from the state to do some R&D that will create 35 new jobs. You think the thousands who lost theirs aren't pissed?
That sounds like the epitome of the Obama economy.
My former employer who riffed/retired/fired thousands in the area is getting a million dollar grant from the state to do some R&D that will create 35 new jobs. You think the thousands who lost theirs aren't pissed?

Yeah. Me too. Thanks for the insulated windows. No wonder they call you Stupid Moron.

A few years back there were subsidies for a lot of hybrids that would have likely included the Sonata. Those were phased out. What's left are more narrowly defined cars. What the exact reqts are as to which ones qualify, IDK. And how they came up with those reqts, for the benefit of which companies, is likely as efficient, fair, logical, free of influence, etc as anything else in DC.

Seems to be a mystery. Hyundai has never been on the list and I think this is the first Hybrid sold in America by them.