OT: R.I.P. John Glenn - Semper Fi

A true American hero and patriot.

John Glenn, First American To Orbit The Earth, Dies At 95

http://n.pr/2hq1IYq

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

Per Stormin' Norman:

I'd say he had a pretty good run.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Oh my very sad news but doggone it, he had a long and great life!!!!

Reply to
philo

Stormin' Norman pretended :

Quotes From John Glenn: 'Zero-G and I Feel Fine.'

Quote from President Ronald Regan; 'slipped the surly bonds of earth' to 'touch the face of God. ?

Farewell John Glenn.

Reply to
Naturous

Reagan was quoting John Gillespie Magee's poem High Flight, which many TV stations used, in the form of a short Air Force film, as part of their sign-offs in the 1960s.

Reply to
Neill Massello

The Reagan quote itself was after the Challenger blew up. There is a bit of irony in that.

Reply to
gfretwell