OT: Poll: Gas prices

Page 2 of 3

You forgot the free drinking glasses

Yeah - in the early 60's I had an ESSO station in PA. Sold gas for 24.9 and had to give free glasses and carriers, along with S&H Green Stamps. Gas sales were a losing proposition. I made my living doing repairs inside.

I still have a couple of the Grog mugs floating around here. Can't remember which station gave them out.
San Antonio-- a few places have $2.59, a lot of $2.69. It varies about 20 cents from one part of town to another. BTW, I can remember 18.9 cents during price wars as recently as 1971 or 72. To the previous poster about the Dodge Dart-- at 22 cents, I doubt you could have fit $4 worth in it, let alone $5. Last week. I was riding with a guy in his wife's F-150, about a 2001, and he commented that in the last week or so he noticed it was pinging a lot more than it used to. I have a 92 GMC p/u and a 2001 Dodge van company truck and have noticed the exact same thing. Lower price=lower octane? Larry
I've seen 3.30 to 3.65 price range around Rochester NY. The cheapest station, I don't buy there. Cause when I was in college I bought some of the gas there, and it didn't run very well. That was 1983, so I must not be very forgiving? Like you, I find that the couple cents saved on the pump price often gives gasoline that doesn't run properly.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

The Dart I had was a 65 model. It had a point type ignition system. The electronic ignition was put on all models starting in 1972 with some performance models getting it earlier. I had fun with that car, I did all sorts of modifications to it and had a blast.
TDD

$3.20- give or take-- in north Georgia.
On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:46:56 -0500, PanHandler wrote:

NorthCentral Indiana ---> Regl 2.95 / gal.

Last winter in the Keys, there was something like 20 cents/gal difference between Key Largo and Key West.
On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 19:26:53 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:

A friend went to Il about 2 weeks ago. As soon as he crossed the border gas was 50 cents more than Missouri and eastern MO was about 20 cents more than here. I see it is 20 cents more in Iowa also, $2.67. Highest price is in Nome, AK at %5.31. Guess it doesn't matter that AK is a mega source of crude. Guess there are no refineries in AK.

Could be worse, you could be in Atlantic Canada. Our gas right now is $1.09 a litre, which adds up to about $4.16 a gallon.
KD
KD wrote:

That's that special Canuck blend. It's mixed with Canadian Mist to prevent ice formation.
TDD

Much of the differences between states is the difference in taxes.

PanHandler wrote:

It's getting better. GM is adding overtime for two shifts at its Arlington, Texas plant.
That plant makes Suburbans and Tahoes!

We are still well-above $3 in Knoxville, TN (one station was as high as $5.39 a few weeks ago). I have stopped eating at restaurants, mall shopping, weekend rides, etc when fillups went over $80, since there's little money left. With oil barrels under $90, we should be seeing $2.80 a gallon.
$2.25 here in the kc area.

I'll be there in half hour to fill my truck. Still 3.65 in some pumps, down as low as 3.25 in some stations. Rochester, NY.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus