OT: Poll: Gas prices

Gas is under $3.00 at some stations, most are just over.

Al in Tucson

Reply to
Big Al

Phisherman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

$3.46 in New York as of 10-16-08....and that's cheap.

Reply to
rochacha

Tax the government!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'll be there in half hour to fill my truck. Still 3.65 in some pumps, down as low as 3.25 in some stations. Rochester, NY.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

While we're driving around on 3.65 gasoline in NYS, our legislators are buying more "drug free school zone" signs which no one heeds. We also have plenty of cameras on poles, watching interstates, intersections, and bad neighborhoods. I'm not sure they are doing any good.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Interesting to read about how cheap fuel once was! I live in Ontario, Canada and gas is currently sitting at 98.7 cents. I jut filled up because I heard it was going to go back up a few cents before the weekend. It is sad that we find this cost to be 'cheap' and I have heard that it won't get any cheaper. It's unfair to have to pay this ridiculous price because of the things we have to do daily. Work, groceries, school etc. Something has to be done!

Reply to
christine__23

In the 60s, maybe. Early 70s, 16 cents a gallon? No way.

Reply to
Doug Miller

70-73 maybe. Oil was under $20 a bbl. Went to $50 in 73.

I was a young, married, Marine corporal making about $250 a month in

1972. For entertainment we used to drive around NC in my 65 corvair and keep gas in it by picking up 2cent bottles for deposits.

Remember the Sunoco black plastic cereal bowl give-aways? That was our 'pattern'.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in news:ciiMk.6295$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com:

I worked in a hardware store in CT in the early 70's. I vividly remember standing at the Getty station on Hope St in Stamford filling the truck with gas thinking how expensive it was to fill it at .49 a gallon.

But I came in an hour ago and have no idea where my keys are...but remember that trivial event.

Then again, I was a teen in the late 60's. I could be imagining everything since then

Reply to
Red Green