OT - Micky's scooter

Wonder if Mickey actually does any work on the scooter, or just posts to AHR?
Best wishes, hope you get it running, any time soon. Sounds like fun.
When I was maybe 10 years old, the boy down the street, his older brother had a motor bike. I was jealous to the max. Well, still am. Even though I'm old enough to buy my own motor bike if I want.
I hope your motor bike works out better than mine.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

with sky diving. Two promises I have to keep as wedding vow among other things. IMO, there are things you can't do when married, LOL!
Tony Hwang wrote:

The day I got married I had exactly one vehicle , and it only had 2 wheels . She knew what she was getting , because I told her everything on the 2nd date . I did stop riding while we were raising children , but that was more economics than anything else . I considered trying skydiving , and she was OK with it , but I just never got a rount tuit . -- Snag
Bob F wrote:

Hard to say . When I was 17 Dad bought a Suzuku 150 road bike for us kids . My brothers got to ride it once in a while ... My first ride was a bicycle frame with a lawn mower motor and a cobbled up jackshaft drive .
--
Snag

On 11/27/2015 09:51 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

When I was in boot camp by to-be wife sent a letter and enclosed a photo of her sitting on my Harley. Since the DI checked for contraband in anything that wasn't just a letter, I took some crap over that. He let me keep the photo though.

Probably. When I dropped out of school for a while, even though I had a job, my mother kept sending me expense money. I should have just kept it but I wanted to feel "independent" I guess. I told her I was putting the money in my motorcycle fund and it stopped immediately.
Later, I went to Costa Rica, because I couldn't afford to go to Europe like some folks I knew. I told my mother I took busses, but except for the first 40 miles in Mexico, I hitchhiked. Didn't tell her the truth until she was 80, and by that time she didn't seem to care much. (surprising because she still had plenty of energy to be angry about other things.)
I parked my car at a long term garage in San Antonio. It happened to be Saturdayday when I got there and Sunday when I looked for a parking place. I just called numbers from the phone book (remember those?) and I didn't realize I'd be calling anyone at home, but that's where the phone rang when no one was at work.
But he was so nice. He and his wife met me at the garage (on the east side of town just inside the San Antonio "beltway") and then volunteered to drive me to the southwest side of town, to the road to Laredo, on the border. Actually he dropped me off on the old road, the non-xway, saying, "I'm not sure this is the right road". Was he right. I had to hitch back to the beltway, over one exit to the xway and then I was on the right road.
He also said, "You can hitchhike here, but don't do it in Mexico. I'ts dangerous."
When I got to Mexico, people told me, "You can hitchhike here, but don't hitchhike in southern Mexico. It's dangerous."
And in southern Mexico, people told me, "You can hitchhike here, but don't hitchhike in Guatemala. It's dangerous."
(No one said even part of that after that.)
I kid you not.

A friend and I owned a Yamaha rd 360? years ago. On his first ride he turned his head to look at a young lady and hit a parked car.
"you and your skin-coloured, skin-tight Capri pants!!!!!"
On 11/27/2015 10:39 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

You married your sky diving instructor? You're married together with your sky diving.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

First I had a Power Products motor. It was like a little sidecar alongside the rear wheel. Didn't work very well. (this was in the early 50s.) Then I got a used Whizzer motor. Didn't everyone have a Whizzer? Then I had a used motor scooter. Can't recall its name offhand. Not a Cushman. Had an automatic clutch that was open to the air. When the motor ran fast enough the shoes expanded and gripped a cylinder with a belt (or something) to the rear wheel - like the old fashioned shoe brakes on a car. Trouble was when it rained the cylinder got slippery and the scooter didn't go. When it went it was quite fast - 60 or so.

basically a big german Vespa. 3 speed twist shift.
With 250 ccs of 2 stroke it moved along pretty good.
Uncle Monster wrote:

potato potato potato potato potato ... Gawd , I can't wait to get the '39 flattie running . Dad always said you could count the revs ... potato potato potato ...
--
Snag