OT - Is this plant Poison [whatever]?

...or just a weed?
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic!3nfqb&s=5
How sure are you?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
In forth:

looks like poison oak, but why take the chance?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

"Leaves of three, let it be" Leave it alone or kill it is what that old saying means.
Without being able to see the vine portion, I would say I am about 80% sure it is poison ivy, sumac or something ugly. Rouund up or the like will kill it.
Colbyt
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Colbyt wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Red Green wrote:

Pretty sure it's not poison ivy; leaves are lobed too much. I'd venture good possibility of poison oak.
A bunch of pictures for comparison are at
<http://poisonivy.aesir.com/view/pictures.html
--
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

I'm not sure, but it looks like poison oak.
["Poisonous Plants of North Carolina," ]
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/consumer/poison/images/ToxicPu6.htm
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Red Green wrote:

Not sure at all, but remember the maxim: "When it doubt, kill it!"
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Either poison ivy or poison oak. Wet all the leaves with RoundUp, wait 3 weeks, and repeat if needed. Best not to pull it out and do not burn it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Yea I thought I read someplace even if it appears/is dead it can still give you the itch because of the oils.

Weed whacking is OK though :-)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Its poison something, a common way to get infected is walk through it, take off your shoes, rub your eyes and take a pee. The oils can last 6 months on tools and clothes. Safe is roundup anything like that with 3 leaves.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
216.168.3.70:

Thanks for all the responses. I nuked it with Roundup. Being an ongoing vine, I know you can't kill the whole thing by spraying exposed plant. But what is showing sure shows signs of a severe tummy ache.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.