OT - Grammy's

Did anyone else notice something about the Beach Boys tribute last evening? When the youngsters were trying to simulate the Beach Boys sound they had nearly twenty musicians on the stage. the Beach Boys did it with five.
RonB

Nope didn't notice it at all. I chose to watch fear factor instead.

Many of the groups of the past are getting respect for their sound with today's audience...I don't see were they have any relevance or appeal anymore. Sorry.
On 2/13/2012 8:47 PM, Bob_Villa wrote:

Why? Just because they made excellent music with about a hundred dollars worth of equipment and can still do it?
--
Steve Barker
On 2/13/2012 9:47 PM, Bob_Villa wrote:

I was born the same month/year as Mick Jagger. It gets more and more curious wondering how long those old farts will keep going :o)
On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 08:39:37 -0800 (PST), RonB wrote:

I noticed 90% of the audience (including 100% of the men who had not gone bald)scratching their heads wondering: "who the hell are the Beach Boys."
They came right after the Aristotle's and before the Socrates.
I noticed 90% of the audience (including 100% of the men who had not gone bald)scratching their heads wondering: "who the hell are the Beach Boys."
On 2/14/2012 10:05 AM, Kuskokwim wrote:

Doubt that....and the 75 y/o guy with Alzheimer's was fantastic. I'm not a frequent Grammy/Emmy/Oscar watcher, but the Grammys was heartbreaking. When my daughter was in high school, she went to a Beach Boys concert; Glen spotted her in the audience, called her up on stage (she didn't hesitate) and proceeded to chat with her about hitting the road with them! Glen had pretty good taste :o)