OT: Global warming hoax exposed

Page 2 of 2
On Thursday, May 15, 2014 12:15:41 PM UTC-7, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Shucks - I can't believe that real grownup people couldn't figure that the two factual reports (easily verified) were the backdrop to Borowitz' piercing satire. Folks, this stuff isn't supposed to come with a manual! Have a little fun, facrynoutloud!
HB
On 5/16/2014 12:22 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

actually believed back in 1974 that Terminal Flatulence was a real disease and that the TF Foundation was a real charity dedicated to helping those poor people afflicted with Terminal Flatulence. Of course, these days, TF is one of the things blamed for causing Global Warming. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxQCE_3bc6Y

TDD
On 5/15/14 7:32 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I bet you overlooked the polar bears in the Antarctic line. Borowitz could've added something about penguins flying to Greenland possibly.

Per The Daring Dufas:

That's right up there with the (April 1st issue) Atlantic Monthly Magazine article on the Italian spaghetti harvest that we read in high-school English class.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 5/19/2014 7:45 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti-tree_hoax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v
'ugSKW4-QQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEqp0x6ajGE

TDD
Per The Daring Dufas:

Yes... that was the video equivalent.
The Atlantic Monthly version was written.
I see lots of refs to the BBC video, but nothing so far about the Atlantic Monthly.
--
Pete Cresswell