OT: George Zimmerman - Again

Page 1 of 5
He now has a website so his supporters can send him money.
http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com /
On 4/9/2012 6:15 PM, Ron wrote:

I just checked and therealgeorgezimmermansucks.com is available. Heck, I can buy it and one year's hosting for only $35 from misk.com. Might just do that and put up a site for donations to the family of Trayvon Martin.
Don

The family of Trayvon Martin doesn't need donations, they have won the jackpot at the hands of Mr. Zimmerman who in his one-man-band Neighborhood Watch operation which was both encouraged by and officially supported/endorsed by the HOA of the gated community...
They will either have to take out additional mortgages on their townhouses or the entire association can be dissolved and liquidated to pay for the lawsuit which will no doubt end up being in the tens of millions of dollars range... The Martin family will do okay as long as they are willing to wait for their turn in civil court, Zimmerman's records in the way of his extensive contact with the local police both prior to and during his involvement with NW will sink the HOA...
Zimmerman violated the basic principles of what NW is all about by pursuing a suspicious person AND being armed while doing it... He should have known better and paid more attention to the NW guidelines... His "self-defense" claim via the "stand-your-ground" law is full of shit, he by his own choice volunteered for NW and placed himself in danger by violating the procedures of that program... He was representing MORE than his own personal interests and was at the time of the shooting providing a volunteer security service with the recognition of and under the supervision of the HOA on the common property under their control...
I am not sure what Zimmerman's personal deal was but the situation sounds a lot like he went wannabe cop/ "Dirty Harry" within his "area of freedom" as the sole member of the NW... This is why NW programs are not intended to be made up of a single individual and within the program it is highly recommended that any patrol activities take place in pairs if at all possible... So someone who was given carte blanche power by the HOA seems to have fallen in the "noble cause corruption" trap that some police officers fall prey to, where the ends justify the means...
I mean it is not as if he would have been arrested if the boy who ended up dead was a blonde haired, blue eyed all American white preppy kid is it ?
On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 17:43:35 -0700 (PDT), Evan

Florida HOAs and Condo Assns (this is probably a condo assn) typically carry a million dollar insurance policy or more and that may be the only asset they have. The foreclosures have put most of these associations in virtual bankruptcy. The officers are protected from personal liability by law so the insurance is the only deep pocket ... assuming they can actually prove Zimmerman was acting as their agent. The stand your ground law protects Zimmerman from a suit.
The special prosecutor has waved off the grand jury and she may end up deciding they still do not have a case they can win. I think the best they can hope for is a hung jury but an outright aquittal is likely based on the evidence I have seen so far based on Florida law. All they have to demonstrate is that Zimmerman was in fear of great injury and if they can't break the story that Martin was banging his head on the pavement, without any doubt, it is a slam dunk.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

they are going for first degree murder and that was beyond even Rev. Sharpton's most fervent wet dream.

Actually, I think it probably does mean something. I highly doubt that if she thought there were no grounds to charge Z, that she would make that call herself. Far more likely she would have punted it to the grand jury and let them decide. That way at least some segment of the public would be involved. So, I would expect that she will now charge Z.
On 4/10/2012 8:48 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

That was my immediate thought too but, after hearing from people familiar with this prosecutor, the decision not to use the GJ apparently means very little. She's appears to be the "Harry Truman" of prosecutors and was the reason she was picked.
gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote:

That was my understanding too. She just likes to make the hard decisions herself instead of pawning them off on others. She is going to get yelled at either way, it might as well be for something she did herself (grin)>
gonjah wrote:

No. I can't think of a one.
There's the French Revolution, of course, but that was totally unnecessary - there was plenty of cake.
People who are hungry are concerned solely with their next meal, not the state of political affairs in the kingdom.

Oops. Just because you can't think of one is certainly no proof that none exist. In fact, it's probably just the other way around.

OK - agreed. So then where do they get their next meal from? From the rich folks that usually have plenty of food around. Thus the revolution begins. Hunger may be the origin, but political change is often the result. The Romans gave out bread just to keep the Roman citizens fed and less likely to revolt. The US Government gives out foodstamps. (-: This process has been repeated, as far as I know, since Egyptian times. Something about the Coat of Many Colors, the 7 years of famine, etc. (-
Hunger does indeed lead to revolution. It was one of the basic causes of both the French and Russian revolutions, or do you have information to the countrary?
-- Bobby G.
On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 12:15:30 -0400, "Robert Green"

Probably not being able to afford cable TV might do now. As long as both food and cable TV are available, peace reigns.
--Vic
<stuff snipped>

The key is privation. As soon as people lose something they once had, they get angry.
Foodstamps and cable TV sound perilously close to Roman "bread and circuses" and the way they kept order among the unruly masses.
-- Bobby G.
"gonjah" <gonjah.net> wrote in message news:L5GdnVOK-
<stuff snipped>

I wonder if all the folks who were up in arms about leaving the Union ever really gave a though to how things would work out for the South in the end? A hundred years under the thumb of the North for being unwilling to abandon a practice given up in most of the rest of the civilized world. One antithetical to the spirit of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. Stubborn SOBs who would rather see the things destroyed than endure forced change which they were forced to do anyway, with dreadful results.
People are all for getting riled up but they never seem to think through to the consequences. I hear the same sort of rumblings that were circulating back then. Anyone who thinks the US couldn't go through another civil war probably believed that the stock market couldn't tank again. My wife keeps saying "all the counter-insurgency training the Guard and Reserve got in AfRaq might be called upon someday in the near future." All it takes is some great natural disaster to reshuffle the entire deck. Japan got a love tap from nature with the recent quake. Had it hit Tokyo, some economists believe it could have collapsed world's economy.
-- Bobby G.
On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 11:59:21 -0400, "Robert Green"

Slavery would have fallen from it's own weight and without the punitive "reconstruction" of the south, things might have actually improved faster for southern blacks. If nothing else, they would have simply moved north. Perhaps that is what the north feared the most.

The only reason that things didn't improve faster for Blacks in the South was because the Democrats and the Democratic party BOTH in the South and the rest of the country OPPOSED the blacks getting their freedom and getting ahead.

You really should take the time to think about these things. There is a big difference between the defensive needs of a CHL and those of a person who is trying to inflict the most damage in the shortest period of time.
Robert Green wrote:

I agree. One of the things on which you could better spend your time is reading for comprehension. I said "A CHL holder can carry as many guns as he wants..." How many shooters in the multi-gun events you relate were CHL holders? Eh? How many?

Soldiers, most of them anyway, are NOT issued sidearms. Officers, crew-served weapon operator, drivers, and a few others, but not your usual grunt. Learn before you speak.

A. SYG is not involved in the Martin/Zimmerman shoot B. The "people," who may or may not have know about the ramifications of SYG, did not vote on the issue. The Florida legislature did. You are correct that now more do, but the STILL don't get to vote on it.
Learn before you speak.

I knew right off you'd get him on that. Robert, don't forget the teleprompter effect of usenet. You always have "the words" to read. If we didn't have "the words," this would happen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoSslYOUi8M

Hey, I know this is all nothing more than usenet banter. Just wanted an excuse to post one of my fav SNL skits.
--

Vic

gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote in wrote:

WHY should "the public" be involved in deciding whether Zimmerman gets charged and prosecuted? It's not a "democratic" decision. It's not "mob rule". It is strictly a matter of the LAW that is on the books at the current time,and it's the PROSECUTOR who decides whether a case meets the qualifications for prosecution.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik