OT: George Zimmerman - Again

He now has a website so his supporters can send him money.

Ron

I just checked and therealgeorgezimmermansucks.com is available. Heck, I can buy it and one year's hosting for only $35 from misk.com. Might just do that and put up a site for donations to the family of Trayvon Martin.

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

The link maybe down. At this point I willing to let the system take it's course.

He's well represented. His lawyer is a bulldog. :)

Reply to
gonjah

Refresh it.

Reply to
Ron

Nope. Must be my connection.

Reply to
gonjah

's

Yeah, it's down right now.

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Reply to
Ron

The family of Trayvon Martin doesn't need donations, they have won the jackpot at the hands of Mr. Zimmerman who in his one-man-band Neighborhood Watch operation which was both encouraged by and officially supported/endorsed by the HOA of the gated community...

They will either have to take out additional mortgages on their townhouses or the entire association can be dissolved and liquidated to pay for the lawsuit which will no doubt end up being in the tens of millions of dollars range... The Martin family will do okay as long as they are willing to wait for their turn in civil court, Zimmerman's records in the way of his extensive contact with the local police both prior to and during his involvement with NW will sink the HOA...

Zimmerman violated the basic principles of what NW is all about by pursuing a suspicious person AND being armed while doing it... He should have known better and paid more attention to the NW guidelines... His "self-defense" claim via the "stand-your-ground" law is full of shit, he by his own choice volunteered for NW and placed himself in danger by violating the procedures of that program... He was representing MORE than his own personal interests and was at the time of the shooting providing a volunteer security service with the recognition of and under the supervision of the HOA on the common property under their control...

I am not sure what Zimmerman's personal deal was but the situation sounds a lot like he went wannabe cop/ "Dirty Harry" within his "area of freedom" as the sole member of the NW... This is why NW programs are not intended to be made up of a single individual and within the program it is highly recommended that any patrol activities take place in pairs if at all possible... So someone who was given carte blanche power by the HOA seems to have fallen in the "noble cause corruption" trap that some police officers fall prey to, where the ends justify the means...

I mean it is not as if he would have been arrested if the boy who ended up dead was a blonde haired, blue eyed all American white preppy kid is it ?

Reply to
Evan

Florida HOAs and Condo Assns (this is probably a condo assn) typically carry a million dollar insurance policy or more and that may be the only asset they have. The foreclosures have put most of these associations in virtual bankruptcy. The officers are protected from personal liability by law so the insurance is the only deep pocket ... assuming they can actually prove Zimmerman was acting as their agent. The stand your ground law protects Zimmerman from a suit.

The special prosecutor has waved off the grand jury and she may end up deciding they still do not have a case they can win. I think the best they can hope for is a hung jury but an outright aquittal is likely based on the evidence I have seen so far based on Florida law. All they have to demonstrate is that Zimmerman was in fear of great injury and if they can't break the story that Martin was banging his head on the pavement, without any doubt, it is a slam dunk.

Reply to
gfretwell

Didn't OJ Simpson have a similar group or website?

.

Stormin Mormon

Or too many people rushing in to make a contribution.

Or, possibly, a DDOS attack.

Reply to
HeyBub

That site looks *very* suspicious to me.

I'll wait and send him a care package. He'll need ciggies soon for bartering.

Reply to
gonjah

This means nothing. The only time a grand jury is required is if they are going for first degree murder and that was beyond even Rev. Sharpton's most fervent wet dream.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Actually, I think it probably does mean something. I highly doubt that if she thought there were no grounds to charge Z, that she would make that call herself. Far more likely she would have punted it to the grand jury and let them decide. That way at least some segment of the public would be involved. So, I would expect that she will now charge Z.

Reply to
trader4

That was my immediate thought too but, after hearing from people familiar with this prosecutor, the decision not to use the GJ apparently means very little. She's appears to be the "Harry Truman" of prosecutors and was the reason she was picked.

Reply to
gonjah

My suspicions were wrong.

gonjah

That was my understanding too. She just likes to make the hard decisions herself instead of pawning them off on others. She is going to get yelled at either way, it might as well be for something she did herself (grin)>

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

e it's

It IS him. His atty's and a friend confirmed it.

Reply to
Ron

e it's

BTW, that counter is off. It now days 54. Within an hour last night there were over 5,0000 hits.

Reply to
Ron

gonjah wrote in news:caadnYT_yv0uoxnSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.toastnet:

WHY should "the public" be involved in deciding whether Zimmerman gets charged and prosecuted? It's not a "democratic" decision. It's not "mob rule". It is strictly a matter of the LAW that is on the books at the current time,and it's the PROSECUTOR who decides whether a case meets the qualifications for prosecution.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Aparently, some folks want to bring back the Roman Colusseums? Have the crowds decide who dies?

.