OT: George Zimmerman - Again

I'm glad it's not going to the GJ. All I want is justice. My own

*opinion* is he's guilty but Z deserves justice which could set him free too. I referred to Truman because, apparently, she has guts.

But I'm glad you were able to get that off your chest.

Reply to
gonjah

Breaking news....his legal team has withdrawn from the case.

Reply to
Ron

The plaintiff still has to prove that Zimmerman was an agent of the condo board. If they can come up with any official documents or even a statement that he was representing the board at a recorded board meeting, they may have something. If it was just the neighbors, operation away from recorded board meetings who decided Zimmerman was the go to guy, the condo association is off the hook.

As for the liabilities extending to the individual owners, I do not think that is true. I will ask my wife. She is a Fl Licensed CAM. I know when it came up with our HOA, we were told they could take all of the common property but they could not come after homeowners. HOAs and condos are different articles in the Fl Statutes. You really have to know which one you are talking about.

You are just making shit up now. We still do not know what happened that night Nobody has said he brandished the gun or that he tried to hold Martin for the police. His story according to his dad is he lost sight of Martin and was heading back to his truck when he was confronted by Martin.

There is conflicting witness testimony and none of it is particularly reliable. Nobody was really close enough to see at night, in the rain. We don't really even know for sure exactly what Zimmerman says happened. We just have leaks and second hand reports yet there are no shortage of people who THINK they know what happened. The fact that he called the police about prowlers and suspicious activity over 40 times without actually confronting a single one of them before seems to indicate he was not the cowboy people say he was.

Reply to
gfretwell

No. I can't think of a one.

There's the French Revolution, of course, but that was totally unnecessary - there was plenty of cake.

People who are hungry are concerned solely with their next meal, not the state of political affairs in the kingdom.

Reply to
HeyBub

This was over a period of 8 years.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yup, so he shot the guy. Isn't that the problem?

That's why we all shouldn't carry guns. IMO.

Reply to
gonjah

I wonder if all the folks who were up in arms about leaving the Union ever really gave a though to how things would work out for the South in the end? A hundred years under the thumb of the North for being unwilling to abandon a practice given up in most of the rest of the civilized world. One antithetical to the spirit of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. Stubborn SOBs who would rather see the things destroyed than endure forced change which they were forced to do anyway, with dreadful results.

People are all for getting riled up but they never seem to think through to the consequences. I hear the same sort of rumblings that were circulating back then. Anyone who thinks the US couldn't go through another civil war probably believed that the stock market couldn't tank again. My wife keeps saying "all the counter-insurgency training the Guard and Reserve got in AfRaq might be called upon someday in the near future." All it takes is some great natural disaster to reshuffle the entire deck. Japan got a love tap from nature with the recent quake. Had it hit Tokyo, some economists believe it could have collapsed world's economy.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Would you have been happier if Zimmerman was beaten to death?

Reply to
gfretwell

Slavery would have fallen from it's own weight and without the punitive "reconstruction" of the south, things might have actually improved faster for southern blacks. If nothing else, they would have simply moved north. Perhaps that is what the north feared the most.

Reply to
gfretwell

There is nothing to be "happy" about.

Reply to
gonjah

Oops. Just because you can't think of one is certainly no proof that none exist. In fact, it's probably just the other way around.

unnecessary -

OK - agreed. So then where do they get their next meal from? From the rich folks that usually have plenty of food around. Thus the revolution begins. Hunger may be the origin, but political change is often the result. The Romans gave out bread just to keep the Roman citizens fed and less likely to revolt. The US Government gives out foodstamps. (-: This process has been repeated, as far as I know, since Egyptian times. Something about the Coat of Many Colors, the 7 years of famine, etc. (-

Hunger does indeed lead to revolution. It was one of the basic causes of both the French and Russian revolutions, or do you have information to the countrary?

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green
+1 slam dunk +1

Kick im right in the gonjah!

.

Would you have been happier if Zimmerman was beaten to death?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Probably not being able to afford cable TV might do now. As long as both food and cable TV are available, peace reigns.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

George Zimmerman to Be Charged in Trayvon Martin's Death

A Florida special prosecutor has decided to charge neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman in the shooting death of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin, sources told ABC News.

The decision by Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey is expected to be announced at a 6 p.m. news conference in Jacksonville, Fla.

Reply to
Ron

No, in order for the owners to have any legal input into how the HOA operates, i.e. the election of board members or other officers, they have to have an interest in ownership in the association corporation which is established in the HOA documents...

That means that they own a percentage of every event which takes place on the common areas of the association property even if they did not participate in it... The owners who never show up to HOA meetings still have to pay fee assessments/fines levied against their units by the HOA board even if they pretty much live in ignorance of how it all works...

What this means is that if someone wins an award for damages against the association corporation, all those stakeholders in that corporation, i.e. the unit owners, are financially responsible to fund the payment of those damages via "special/emergency assessments" or via the entire corporation and their real property interests namely their units being liquidated by the court or a court appointed receiver to settle the debt...

There is no insulation or immunity from that jeopardy afforded to the unit owners by any association corporation, HOA board, HOA board insurance, state law protecting board officers, the flawed SYG proclaimed immunity which only prohibits criminal sanctions for the death involved but says nothing about civil immunity from liability...

Without the common property you no longer have an HOA, and you have owners of units who have no legal means to access their property if the common elements have been seized or surrendered... So, yes, if the association insurance can not or will not cover the damages, then the unit owners are on the hook to cough up the money even if that means dissolution and liquidation of their real property and chattels to accomplish that payment process...

Now about your final sentiment:

Umm... Buzzz... Wrong answer... Those 45 calls to the police were mostly long prior to his involvement with NW... However, this death in the final confrontation as a part of NW came AFTER his interruption of an attempted burglary... He was hailed a hero blah blah blah...

So the pattern of 45 calls to the police over a several year period is something that shows a pattern of conduct... He broke up an attempted crime recently and may have become emboldened by his "instincts" and snapped to a flawed judgment with Trayvon...

Since his last intervention was heroic, the ends justify the means, this mental trapping is common in law enforcement and is called "noble cause corruption"... Someone died because of the escalation...

Reply to
Evan

Well ... no.

These types of communities (my wife is a CAM at one bigger than Twin Lakes) have a master HOA that is responsible for the common grounds and a condo association or a co-op board for each multi family building. There is usually a separate HOA for the single family homes too. They are all separate corporations, incorporated under different Florida statutes. (720- HOA, 719- Co-op, 718-Condo,) They all have separate laws for limits of liability, HOA being the least inclusive. The suit would be against the master HOA since this happened on common ground and it will be their insurance that pays, if they lose. Even if the insurance would not cover the judgement, the only recourse would be against the assets of the master association, not the individual homeowners or the condo/co-op associations.

This is according to their lawyer.

I bet this question has come up at a lot of HOAs in the last couple weeks.

Reply to
gfretwell

Nope. You really need to read these laws before you pop off there councilor.

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.?

(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force,

Reply to
gfretwell

Until they can prove Zimmerman is not telling the truth, he simply killed an attacker who was threatening his life.

If this was not a political event, fired up by a lot of lies and half truths in the media, it would have ended on February 27th when the prosecutor said they did not have a case they could win. I still don't think they do but we will spend a several million bucks we don't have to spare to prove it. In a trial, we are going to hear a lot about Trayvon Martin and what a thief and troublemaker he was. (suspended from school for drugs, presumed stolen property and a burglary tool. Also suspended for vandalism with a paint can) That image of a 12 year old in the Hollister T shirt is going to give way to grown thug who was taller than Zimmerman and a lot closer to his weight than the 100 pounds widely reported early on.

We are going to see Zimmerman's medical records and they will use the police report that says he was beaten. The defense might be successful with a dismissal motion before they even have to present their case. I think the SA knows she is sitting on a loser but she still has to present it.

Reply to
gfretwell

The key is privation. As soon as people lose something they once had, they get angry.

Foodstamps and cable TV sound perilously close to Roman "bread and circuses" and the way they kept order among the unruly masses.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Single punch? Who's talking a single punch? By Z and the eyewitness accounts he was being beaten. It was not just one punch. And you certainly can die from being beaten to death, not unusual at all. And while the next punch might not kill you, it could render you unconscious so the perp can then finish the job.

Yeah, he may have had some discomfort. But try attacking someone, beating them up and when arrested for assault using the fact that you felt "great discomfort" as a defense. It won't fly.

And if he was actually fearful and suspicous as to who was keeping an eye on him, he had a cell phone, why didn't he call 911? Go to a house where it looked like people were home? Anyone who would attack in a situation like that is the aggressor and clearly has some anger management issues.

No, I don't think anyone believes M was intent on killing him. Nor was Z intent of killing M until he believed he had to in order to save his own life.

Yeah, you'd feel better if the beating continued and Z wound up in the hospital or dead.

If they follow the law, it should not.

Reply to
trader4