OT: George Zimmerman - Again

Doh! That's a very good point. Maybe the HOA will be off the hook.

Reply to
trader4

That speaks strongly towards aquittal.

.

We have Z saying that he was keeping an eye on M and we know that he was doing that from the police call tape. The dispatcher said "We don't need you to do that (follow) Z responded with "OK". Z says that he was headed back to his car when M then came up to him and asked "You have a problem?" Z says he said "No". And Z says at that point M said "You do now" and he punched him, knocking him down.

Now, if you have a reference that shows Z confronted M, I'm sure we'd all like to see it. Probably the prosecutor would too.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I addressed the above and the rest of your post in a seperate reply. But just after sending that reply I happened to hear Alan Dershowitz on the radio. He was on WABC 770, NYC on Geraldo Rivera's show discussing the case. Dershowitz is a well known Harvard Law School professor and champion of civil rights.

His take on the case is consistent with mine. He said from the evidence we know, the defense has the advantage and with a competent attorney he would expect acquital based on the law. With regard to what you have to prove, he specifically said the prosecution has a tough job. They have to prove a negative, that is that Z did not have a resonable fear for his life at the time. He said that is possible if there are other witnesses, videos, statements by Z, etc that we don't know ablut.

So much for the ridiculous claim that beyond a reasonable doubt does not apply and that Z has to to prove his innocence. If you don't believe me, perhaps the broadcast is available online.

Reply to
trader4

You really should take the time to think about these things. There is a big difference between the defensive needs of a CHL and those of a person who is trying to inflict the most damage in the shortest period of time.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

I agree. One of the things on which you could better spend your time is reading for comprehension. I said "A CHL holder can carry as many guns as he wants..." How many shooters in the multi-gun events you relate were CHL holders? Eh? How many?

Soldiers, most of them anyway, are NOT issued sidearms. Officers, crew-served weapon operator, drivers, and a few others, but not your usual grunt. Learn before you speak.

A. SYG is not involved in the Martin/Zimmerman shoot B. The "people," who may or may not have know about the ramifications of SYG, did not vote on the issue. The Florida legislature did. You are correct that now more do, but the STILL don't get to vote on it.

Learn before you speak.

Reply to
HeyBub

Interesting question: Who stalked who? The shooting took place close to Zimmerman's car...

Reply to
HeyBub

The only reason that things didn't improve faster for Blacks in the South was because the Democrats and the Democratic party BOTH in the South and the rest of the country OPPOSED the blacks getting their freedom and getting ahead.

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

Funny though how in the US civilians shoot more than double the criminals that police do. And all the while, police shoot about 6 times as many innocent bystanders as civilians do. "Shooting the guy" is NOT the problem The circumstances of the shooting are the problem

Too bad you haven't figured that out yet.

In your case I agree You don't seem bright enough. For the rest of us, you are NOT the one to decide. (Thank God for that)

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

Probably And more than likely he wouldn't be spending his time ranting about it either.

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

For the record, I believe it was a non emergency police number that Z called, not 911

Reply to
trader4

That's NOT what he asked you But no great surprise that you would weasel on the answer.

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

Hey: Sock puppet. Get your quotes right.

Just sayin'

Reply to
gonjah

Then you agree. There is some hope for you.

Reply to
gonjah

Observant. Sees things which may be crimes. Reports to proper agency. Sounds like a citizen, to me.

.

Yes, it shows a pattern of conduct consistent with a law abiding, decent human being.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I knew right off you'd get him on that. Robert, don't forget the teleprompter effect of usenet. You always have "the words" to read. If we didn't have "the words," this would happen.

Hey, I know this is all nothing more than usenet banter. Just wanted an excuse to post one of my fav SNL skits.

Reply to
Vic Smith

Lots of people are spouting ignorant cant about SYG laws.

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

This is one of those typical strawman arguments to try to avoid the issue of "reasonable fear of serious injury or death" that is the justification for the use of deadly force. Most beatings involve MULTIPLE blows So claiming a "single blow" is disingenuous at best, but much closer to an intentional lie.

booby likes to do that After calling him on it a few times, he has declared me a "sock-puppet" and apparently kill-filed me

Isn't it amazing the silliness they try to use to justify an untenable position. At least you have to admire the "creative thinking", aka fantasy they use.

Not to mention that he was young a fit and could also run home. Apparently he chose to go the other way and confront Z.

Another one of his strawman arguments Interesting that he believes and has inferred earlier that it was most likely that Z was set on killing M. That is one of the claims made by the race-baiters

He probably would.

Which would make booby feel bad.

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

LOL

So your reading for comprehension skills are also sub-optimal. And you babble about the vocabulary of others.

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

shit as usual My quotes were right

You are demoting yourself from idiot to moron with every post you make. Well, being called a "sock puppet" by an idiot trying to prove he's a moron is no biggie...

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

Welcome to the club! Nice to have you here. He claimed to have kill filed me a long time ago too.

I've come to believe that the liberal versus conservative thing is deeply rooted in how the brain works. We conservatives deal on the facts, like an engineer or scientist would. Liberals for the most part deal on emotion then rework the facts as much as necessary to try to make them fit. Hence the creative part.

Reply to
trader4