OT Email service?

Any recommendations for a replacement for Gmail?

I've used Gmail for decades and I just verified that the forwarding is set up to retain the forwarded message for display on Gmail. At least that's how it always worked. But now it forwards to my ISP server wuthout showing them to me. But not all messages. Some it still shows me. Had only one email today and it only was forwarded.

Can't figure it out. Why did things change?

TIA

Reply to
KenK

KenK posted for all of us...

Not enough info but I will try. Have your settings changed to delete from server when read or the forwarding setup changed? Remember that Gmail is an LDAP server so it forwards them as they come in.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Tekkie? wrote in news:4gKCx.37754$% snipped-for-privacy@fx06.iad:

Thanks. Found it!

A few weeks ago the appearance of my Gmail application changed drastically. My problem started then.

I discovered a few minutes ago that I now have three, count them, three Inboxes. Primary, Social, and Promotions. I never noticed this earlier. All the missing emails were put in the Promotions Inbox, which I didn't know existed.

Gmail should have emailed me when they did this to my account.

Reply to
KenK

KenK posted for all of us...

Glad to be of some assistance. I have found that one has to go into Gmail directly every so often because they are "new and improved"...

Reply to
Tekkie®

Doesn't your ISP provide email service???? Most do. Some actually use Yahoo, and some use MS Outlook (formerly HotMail) and some actually have their own mail servers.

If you have a website/domain you virtually always get an email server/account included.

Reply to
clare