OT Credit card

Page 5 of 7

But your $11 contribution has almost zero affect on that stock. In fact, it probably didn't even get your 2¢ back for you. Do you think the stock wouldn't have gone to $600 without you giving up $11? And you think you are savvy in the stock market.
--
RonNNN

On 03/21/2016 05:24 PM, RonNNN wrote:

LOL
of course that $11 I lost did not make the value of my stock go up $600.
I betcha everyone here would say the bank did exactly the right thing...if it was owned by the Trump.

No, what everyone here is saying is that you are a sucker for not standing up for yourself. And what makes you think Trump DOESN'T own the bank? [g]
--
RonNNN

On 03/21/2016 05:34 PM, RonNNN wrote:

Believe me I fight very fiercely in situations where the problem is THEIR fault. I can't think of a time where I've lost. I once dragged out a court case to the maximum length possible. They ended up paying a $400 doctor's bill but they lost thousands in the process. I did not hire a lawyer, but implied that I was being advised by one.
In other situation, my uncle who is a lawyer did not charge me to write a letter. As soon as they saw that I had a lawyer involved, they settled at once.
Going back to college, I even argued with the manager of a pinball machine arcade who turned the game off...and I would not quit until I got my damn quarter back. He even tried to give me 12 cents because I played half a game.
A sucker I am not...but I also do not blame others for my own mistake.
Why does everyone here always get on my case and call me a liberal when discussing politics...yet take what I'd call a liberals stand and by suggesting that I blame others for my own mistake?

Sorry, but paying $11 for a 2¢ mistake does put you into that sucker category.
If you're happy with the outcome that's OK with me, but I still think you're wrong to accept it. Stick a fork in me, I'm done with my rant on the subject. [g]
--
RonNNN

On 03/21/2016 06:07 PM, RonNNN wrote:

Nah. the error cost me well under a penny for each week I've had the card...I'd be a sucker to spend hours stewing over it or tying to blame others for my own error.
On 3/21/2016 7:13 PM, philo wrote:

No one suggested blaming others. The error was small, unintentional, and good companies extend courtesies to good customers. It did not eat into the profits of the CC company either.

That thinking is EXACTLY why these companies can continue to screw people. Rip-off $11 from 1000 people, and they make $11,000 for doing nothing. $11,000 is not petty cash! It's not the amount but the principle of the thing....
Some stranger from India just walked up to you on the street, and stole your wallet from your pocket. But it only had $11 in it, so you'll just leave this crook get away with it. SAME DIFFERENCE!
But like they say, "THERE'S A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE"!
On 03/21/2016 05:05 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

If I had the opportunity to shoot an armed robber I would do so.
If I was unarmed but they had a weapon I'd give them the money.
My life is worth more than eleven bucks.
There was a guy here in town who gave an armed robber his money,. then tried to make a joke of it.
He's now dead meat .

Some things are funny even when they cost you.
About 40 years ago a man showed me his pay check from before and after a small raise. H worked for the city an was making around $ 2.50 an hour. He either got a five or ten cents an hour raise and after the increase the take home pay was about a dollar less due to the tax bracket it threw him into.
On 03/21/2016 05:27 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

I can believe that one.
Speaking about the old days...yesterday someone posted a hospital ...delivery room bill from 1943
It was $29.50 ( $1.00 for the anesthetic)
On 3/21/2016 4:19 PM, philo wrote:

Because I've lost a lot of my hearing, I can't understand most accents. I very politely tell them that I need to speak with someone else. You'd be surprised how quickly you get someone you can understand.

While I'm glad you found this amusing, personally, I find it appalling and would simply not stand for it.
On 03/21/2016 05:30 PM, SeaNymph wrote: X I could talk to a supervisor or write letters to the CEO

Her accent was very slight, she spoke excellent English. Very business-like but polite. Even if the credit card company was 100% at fault, there would have been no point in taking it out on her.
BTW: MY hearing is not so hot either.
On 3/21/2016 5:34 PM, philo wrote:

There is no need to take anything out on anyone. I see nothing wrong about admitting the mistake and asking that the charge be removed. I think it's ridiculous, for 2 cents. It strikes me as a wrong thing they've gotten away with. What the hell is the interest rate and how did they come up with that number?
Most companies, in my experience, will simply remove the charge to maintain some sense of loyalty.
On 03/22/2016 07:15 AM, SeaNymph wrote:

For the small amount of money, it's not worth it for me to waste my time with them jumping through hoops...I'd much rather waste my time here where I can relax. I believe the interest rate is 19.9% which is criminal of course, but since I have always paid in full each month, has never come into effect.
I started thinking ...back in the old days before computers etc,something like this would never have happened...then remembered:
During the depression, when my dad was ten, he was sent to the corner store with a dime, to get a loaf of bread. He came home crying and WITHOUT the bread as the price had been raised to 11 cents.
His father and uncle sold eggs door to door and their route took them away from home for several days at a time...so the family had to go without bread. I believe that's when my dad started trapping pigeons.
On 3/22/2016 8:43 AM, philo wrote:

When I was a teenager, my mother used to send me to the store, to buy a week's worth of groceries for a family of 6, with a $50.00 check, a list, and a reminder to bring back the change. You could get 3 loaves of bread for less than a dollar.
On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 10:36:34 -0500, SeaNymph

You are just a youngster. I remember $20 a week feeding 8 kids plus mom and dad - and regular price bread $0.25 a loaf - sale price 6 for a buck.

YOU are the youngster. I am so old I remember when they PAID us to take loaves of bread. Top THAT!
On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 14:34:31 -0700, "taxed and spent"

I DO remember when they paid you to take gas - - -
On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 8:15:32 AM UTC-4, SeaNymph wrote:

Most credit card companies calculate interest based on the average daily balance for the month. It's right there in the terms that we agree to when applying for a credit card. I found the info in about 2 minutes on my CC's web site.
Cindy Hamilton