OT Charmin bathroom tissue

"Rick Samuel" wrote in news:guqprg$gsm$ snipped-for-privacy@news.tamu.edu:

Red Green

Chuck wrote in news:babQl.11857$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Then this one must be English...

Red Green

No, not when the humor or sarcasm is readily apparent to the intended audience.

Perhaps due to an urban lifestyle, the concept of using leaves, grasses, or other "natural materials" to wipe your bum might be an odd concept for you. Otherwise, it is a fact of life for those of us who find ourselves out in the boonies without bogwipe when nature calls, and a valid point of discussion.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

So the English stiff upper lip is actually a grimace because of a raw arse?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hehe I let my husband shop once. *wince*. He spent 1 months worth of grocery money on a week's worth of food. We were not flush with money and i had to eek out the rest of the month with stored staples of dried beans and rice etc.

His ethic? Gee but 4 rolls of Charmin were cheaper than 4 rolls of Scott's (it got worse). So, I gathered my penny jar to get us toilet paper to last out the month.

Reply to
cshenk

It isn't hard, but it's like using newspaper. Might as well visit a newspaper box w/ free weekly papers and grab a stack if you're that hard pressed.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Heh scotts isnt 'hard' it's just a one ply unlike others. It also flushes better in a lower-volume toilet than the pluffy stuff.

Reply to
cshenk

My wife's turds are so big and hard they just sit there across the drain hole while the water flushes down. You have to cut it up with a knife before it will go down.

Reply to
Hipupchuck

Many years ago, so the story goes, this part of North America was becoming more of cash society rather than a subsistence farming and fishing one. People had worked hard for generations to get a good living from the land and the sea but never had much actual money.

But old feller was now getting a national pension cheque on a regular basis and after a lifetime of hard and thrifty work decided that for more comfort in his declining years and since he had now had the income, he would buy 'real' toilet paper.

Accordingly he wrote to a well known mail-order company to order toilet paper.

The company replied, saying that they were not sure what kind of toilet paper he would be interested in buying, but if he would look on pages 681 to 683 of their most recent catalogue he could select the type, colour etc. and size of packaging.

The thriftiness and survival instincts of a lifetime re-asserting themselves, the pensioners reply was brief and to the the point. "If your catalogue has that many pages please send two catalogues".

Reply to
stan

I don't know about septic tanks, but I had to stop using it because my toilets kept overflowing.

My daughter and her family came for a visit and my son-in-law told me the toilet paper was what was causing my problem.

I changed to a much cheaper brand and my toilets have not overflowed again in over five years.

Freckles

Reply to
Freckles

"Freckles" wrote in news:57idnfInl6Eoy4_XnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

That Charmin is too thick. hey, remember the TV ad with Mr. Whipple? "don't squeeze the Charmin".

Reply to
StepfanKing

They won't tell you that the paper being "squeezable" means there's a lot of air in there, rather than paper.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

And I bet she uses the same knife to spread mayonnaise on your sandwiches.

Reply to
Red

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
itsjoannotjoann