OT: arrows on Google search results

There are large (Invisible) arrows next to each result. If you happen to keep the cursor on the invisible arrow, a preview page pops up. It's very annoying. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of them?

Reply to
Marina

They don't bother me as I can't see them - they're invisible.

RicodJour

Use Bing?

Nothing in preferences. They annoyed me at first, but now I use them for the preview.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

LOL...

If you "sort" through your google search results by moving your pointer around on the left side of the list you won't run into that problem...

The previews of the search results only appeared because you clicked your mouse/gestured your touch pad while you were hovering over the "invisible arrow" as you call it which makes the previews appear... Click on them again and they will go away until you click again and open them back up...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan

They're not exactly invisible. These >> double-arrows appear on the right-hand side of the search result that you hover over.

This page desribes it, along with mentioning that the cached link is also gone (which is a shame since I found it very useful).

=============== Google de-clutters results

Google has been busy de-cluttering its web results page again. The ?similar? pages link disappeared from entries on the results page a while ago and was moved to the preview copies of results pages. Now the cached link has gone as has the magnifying glass for the preview. Hover over a result, though, and a double arrow appears to the the right of it. Click on the arrow and the preview copy appears along with the ?Cached? link and sometimes a ?Similar? link.

I?ve noticed that fewer and fewer pages have a Similar link, which makes me wonder if Google will do away with it all together in the not distant future. If Google carries on at this rate there won?t be anything on the results page at all! ===============

See also here:

and here:

========= For new people on this thread, I'd like to let you know that the cached link is still available, but it's in a new location. Open the Instant Preview of a site and you'll find the cached link near the URL at the top of the box.

To the others, I hear you and I appreciate you including specific reasons for using the link. =========

I think it's a pain in the ass to have to activate page preview in order to get the cache results option back. I block many google ad-servers and other servers to increase the speed and ergonomics of my browsing and search activity, and turning on this instant preview is simply not something I'm going to do.

Reply to
Home Guy

But just knowing they are there is annoying.

Reply to
JimT