OT 15 April Titanic.

Page 2 of 4
On 4/14/2012 8:43 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

If you're going to drown nothing is out of the question. ;) Would a bathtub float with a person in it?
There have been studies done on "what they could have done" but unfortunanly that's Monday morning quarterbacking. I think many believed it wasn't going to sink, until it did.
One idea was to tie all the deck chairs together.

It is difficult to second guess...
One possible solution might have been to remain close to the iceberg, and find a way to climb aboard the iceberg. I imagine that is not easy but might be the best alternative. It was the only thing for miles around floating.
It's a real shame that the wireless (radio) safety rules were not in effect, there were other ships in the area but their radios were off for the night.
Mark
gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote:

I think the main concern was time to get all that done, especially since it would have taken time to decide that you weren't going to get in the lifeboats. The REAL problem of all those scenarios is, even assuming you can get it out, lug to the main deck and get it launched, how do you then get down to it without getting wet?

See above (g)

You do know the water is rather chilly in the N. Atlantic in April?

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote:

Yes - hence the point about using any available materials or objects to make a raft or floation aid to stay above the water.
Including ripping out any handy bathtubs...

LOL! A raft wouldn't keep them warm.

No chance of swamping a bathtub, either. What a moron.
" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote:

LOL yourself.
You'd beat your own mother for a chance to float on the last pile of wood or in the only bathtub available if it meant saving your own hide.
On 4/14/2012 3:14 PM, Home Guy wrote:

Where's the "like" button. ;)
On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 15:15:58 -0500, gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote:

Two peas; no brains.
On 4/14/2012 3:25 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Joke
On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 15:38:00 -0500, gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote:

Why? We already have you two. Isn't that enough to turn anyone's stomach?
On 4/14/2012 3:41 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Apparently, actually reading something before you comment is an option for you.
On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 15:45:44 -0500, gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote:

I read what you wrote. I have no interest in climbing through any of your links to who knows where.
On 4/14/2012 3:49 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Where is that............<plonk>
On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 15:56:20 -0500, gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote:

Oh, the poor baby announced to the world that he plonked me. I'm *so* sad! <what a dumbass>

Certainly; moron lefty.

Yet all 1500 used your idea to survive. You are really that stupid, HomeMoron.
On 4/14/2012 3:14 PM, Home Guy wrote:

Most men insisted that women and children go first. That's a level of morality I doubt you will ever grok. ^_^
TDD
On Sat, 14 Apr 2012 12:35:13 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Indeed... plus it was quite a long way down from deck level to the water; it would have been extremely difficult to launch anything and end up on top of it without getting soaked in the process, and then odds are pretty good that hypothermia will get you before someone rescues you.
Jules Richardson wrote:

Again, how many times do I have to point out that the idea of making a raft is to stay above the water???!?!?!

If the boat is on an even keel.
I don't know if you noticed or paid attention in history class, but the boat began sinking bow-first. It made a rather shallow and easy entry point into the water from the deck about an hour after it hit the iceberg.