Ok to splice oven wiring?

Page 2 of 2

Ahhh MB... how I wish...
If it's any consolation... whenever I wire residential which is rare, I keep all lighting on 15a circuits seperate from everything else, and now I wire all receptacle circuits on #12 awg. 20 amp wire, even if it lands on a 15a breaker.
I'm still a proponent that having more 15a circuits is better than having less 20a circuits though.
But then, I'm not in it for the money.

Ahh yes, Arc fault breakers. The NEC does improve safety, but in many ways it is just another example of special interests gone amuck. How about outlawing <#14 AWG extension cords, no they would'nt want to do that!

I'm in the midst of helping a friend who gutted a house and is completely re-finishing it. Due to a tight budget, we're installing 3 20a circuits spread about the 3 upstairs bedrooms. He didn't want to have to buy 6 arc-fault breakers to cover 3 15a bedroom circuits and 3 20a Air-conditioner outlets.
And BTW... with all the energy-saving improvements room air conditioners have gone through over the years, what are a/c outlets still required to be 20a? I've yeat to see a 6000 btu unit greater than 5 amps.