Odd Bandsaw Blade size 80'

This summer I purchased a used Craftsman bandsaw only to find out recently when I went to purchase blades that no one carries my saw blade size. I was wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario that carries 80 inch blades, I want a mix of wood as well as some really fine 30+ tpi for cutting thin aluminium.
THANKS
On 1/7/2005 9:00 AM US(ET), HotRod took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

This would be best posted in news:rec.woodworking , where almost all have bandsaws.
--
Bill

willshak wrote:

Many online sources--amazon is one place to start. Of course, Sears has blades for these as well.
Duane Bozarth wrote:

Woodworker's Supply (www.woodworker.com) is another...but I don't know you'll find a source for such really fine tooth thingies pre-made...won't say you can't, but I don't know where to tell you to look.
Believe it or not I tried Sears but they need to special order from the US and I have a very, very limited selection. I will try the other news group if it's available.

Hot Rod....no need to look too hard... Go to a welding shop and ask themn where they get there bulk saw blades from. In most cases they buy band saw blades in bulk lengths. They cut the length they need and silver solder them together. I am in the welding trade and have done it many times. Jim

Jim M Wrote:

I have a 'wet' bandsaw that uses diamond blades, i'm told when the break, they can be silver soldered. The charge is about $30 to hav ONE blade repaired.... my husband says he can silver solder. Is ther a special technique for silver soldering a diamond blade? thanks ....
-- glassmaste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- glassmaster's Profile: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=8 View this thread: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/showthread.php?t341 This post was submitted via http://www.HomeRepairForums.or

Run a web search for " Bandsaw Blade Welding Jig ". I've seen jigs and plans to make jigs for sale for welding blades. RM~
1-800-234-saws and tell them what you're trying to do.

Start with the saw sharpening shops in your area. They buy the stuff by the roll and cut it to fit.
--

Roger Shoaf

80 inch wood cutting blades for Sears band saws are sold by Lee Valley Tools. They have five stores in Ontario or you can order on-line at www.leevally.com
Mike Capel
capel AT mb DOT sympatico DOT ca

Web address for Lee Valley Tools is www.leevalley.com
<< I was wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Canada or Ontario that carries 80 inch blades, >>
Any machine shop will have a band saw which will usually have a built in grinding/welding gadget for blades on the side. Machinists need this in order to make inside cuts. You could probably ask them to make up several blades for you if no other ready made sources can be found. Good luck.
Joe

How bad do they hit you to ship to Canada? www.sears.com has a pretty good selection of 80" blades.
Just search from that page for bandsaw blades 80
Jim

How bad do they hit you to ship to Canada? www.sears.com has a pretty good selection of 80" blades.
Just search from that page for bandsaw blades 80
Jim
Try Dominion Saw (Mississauga?) and Princess Auto (all over). Have a look in the back of Canadian woodworking and Do it yourself magazines. Bruce

Suffolk Machinery in New York makes any size blade though don't know what their shipping limits are. Try 1-800-234-SAWS
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 21:08:44 -0500, "Bruce & Lois Nelson"

ENDED UP ordering from TuffTooth I managed to get 12 great blades at the perfect size and have affixed the website and contact information to the outside of the Bandsaw in case I need more in the future. THANKS never thought of Princess Auto