Nutty California judge awards 1.6M over 2x4s not being 2" by 4"

Page 5 of 5
On Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:24:47 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

That's a good question, isn't it? And to top it off, it's not like the true dimensions are hidden. It's not like selling gas as premium and it's actually regular. Anyone using those decking boards can easily see the true dimensions. And if you take it home, go to do your project and decide that the Trex is not what you thought it was, isn't right, etc, last time I checked, Lowes will take it back, no questions asked.

MDF and particle board seems to be full "inch" sized.
I made some stuff with MDF recently and my 1/2" router bit was perfect. I wouldn't use particle board for anything tho.

That's what I thought was still so on the composites. Particle board is an ok substrate for laminate in dry applications; otherwise agree it's of limited uses.

trader_4;3285145 Wrote:

Don't say that word "gasoline" too loud.
If a California judge finds out that US gallons are smaller than Canadian gallons, there might be another law suit in the works. After all, how many US gas stations actually specify that their price is "per US gallon"? If it's not made crystal clear, Canadian tourists would naturally presume it would be per Canadian gallon.
--
nestork

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 02:26:03 +0200, nestork

Most Canadians would have a hard time remembering gasoline being sold by the gallon.
On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 11:43:09 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

From what I've read this case isn't as nutty as it appears. This is not about 2x4s not being 2" by 4". It is about Lowes selling lumber that is even shorter than 1.5" x 3.5" standard.
On Thursday, September 18, 2014 6:08:11 PM UTC-4, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Where did you read that? I'd love to see the specifics. I've seen some info that suggests it wasn't 2x4's at all, but composite deck material that was sized like regular wood product and they got nailed because you can only do the undersizing for real wood, even though the products are used for the same purpose.

read the judgement.

yeah, right.
On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 22:44:59 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

That's key.
I usually picked up supplies at the fence company that built my fence.
But one time I thought, "I have money. Why go there. Just call them up and have it delivered. Ten rails, 80 pickets and some nails.
Well they forgot the nails, the pickets were fine but the rails, at least 3 of them, were obviously the worst rails they had and they'd found a way to ge rid of them. I've saved them for when I need a 4' rail instead of 8 feet.
Now they don't even make my pickets, alas. No one does.

So how do you do it?

Thanks.
sms posted for all of us...
I may not have read all messages.