nose and mouth masks.

On Jay Leno.
Package of those thick-paper or cotton masks that go over your mouth and nose. Includes the words:
"Mask offers no respiratory protection".
What a deal!
Headlines.

Dust masks do offer protection from dusts but not toxic gasses or germs. He left that out ;)
On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 04:29:05 -0800 (PST), Frank

I don't know. If they protect from dust, I think that would be respiratory protection. I don't think you mean from dust settling on your nose.
mm wrote:

It's not a gas mask. It's just a particle filter. Since there is no tight air seal, particles can go around it too.
--
LSMFT

It's for looks. If you buy it for protection, it says a lot about you.
Steve

You wear them to protect others from your germs.

Good quality respirators used to state that they protected from asbestos on the package but not anymore. The manufacturers are now so scared of being sued that they dont want to put it on the package anymore. Some attorneys somewhere are making a whole lot of money.

I use surgical masks.
They work well enough to keep dust out.
-- Steven L.