Non incandescent bulbs?

Page 2 of 2
Tony wrote:

Hi, If only you knew how that fancy dimming light worked, LOL! In our ceiling fans only bulbs made for that.
terry wrote:

I've been using ALL CFL's for decades. I've never heard of such a thing. I've broken a couple in my drop cord, what do you expect? I killed many more incandescents in drop cords in years past. It's kind of too late for scare stories since they have been around for years.
On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 17:08:32 -0400, Van Chocstraw

Getcha one of them newfangled LED dropcords, sounds like they were designed for you!
J.
JRStern wrote:

I always use the bulbs designed for drop cords, coated rough service incandescent bulbs. Drop the cord and it stays lit.
TDD