Noisy Vinyl Siding

We just bought a brand new house, newly constructed. We've noticed that on windy days the vinyl siding on the house is exceptionally loud and squeaky inside the house. Under the Siding, there is Tyvex and standard 3/4 wood for framing.
What would cause this to happen ? How can it be fixed ?
Reply to newsgroup only.
Thank you.
That's they way it works. You can't secure vinyl siding tightly because it needs to be able to expand and contract with temperature changes.
There are different grades, some thicker or a different shape (more complex profile) that tend to be stiffer and quieter.
Vinyl is inexpensive and has a long carefree life, but it is not perfect.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Our house did the same thing until hail destroyed the siding we replaced it with vinyl, this time we installed 1/2 inch Styrofoam , under the new vinyl, 100% quieter.
Tom

Styrofoam? Never again will I take a styrofoam cooler on a long car trip. Squeak, squeak, squeak,squeak,squeak,squeak!

Didn't the real estate person explain that the noise is "character?" Seriously, vinyl siding should be attached loose to allow for expansion/contraction. My Al-frame screen windows sometimes rattle in the middle of a windy night. You could do some landscaping to create a wind-breaker.