Noisy vent hood

Just bought and installed one of those stainless steel Allure style vent hoods from Home Depot a few months ago. It now makes a growling noise if I use the motor on High and have a light to medium heat load underneath it. For example, if I fry foods in my fryer on top of the stove or use my little electric griddle on top of the stove and run the fan on high after several minutes it starts making a loud growl from the motor. If you put it on slow speed, it will go away. If you run it on high with nothing on the stove it will not make any noise. Any ideas what could be wrong?

little
slow
Heat causing the motor bearings to change position? Get a new motor under warranty and see if that solves the problem.

[snip]
Our Broan Allure QS3 had a 1 year warranty. Check your instruction booklet. If your hood is under warranty contact Broan 800-637-1453, http://www.broan.com , or ask the Despot if they'll exchange it.
--
Luke

Something wrong with the sensor? Mine (Allure III) shifts into a higher gear if the heat is too much for the speed it's on. But it seems like yours is too sensitive (high should be plenty for low to medium), plus the growling noise is abnormal. It's under warranty; make them fix or exchange it.