Noisy pipe

When I turn on the outdoor faucets in my house there is a vibrating noise for a few seconds. I have read several articles on the internet, and they were talking about trying to tight down the pipe to the frame and bla .. bla ... bla .. I don't see how this can be done on my house because all of the pipes are buried deep inside the wall/foundation slap !! Does any body know how to address the problem in this similar condition?
Thanks in advance
JIMMY
When I turn on the outdoor faucets in my house there is a vibrating noise for a few seconds. I have read several articles on the internet, and they were talking about trying to tight down the pipe to the frame and bla .. bla ... bla .. I don't see how this can be done on my house because all of the pipes are buried deep inside the wall/foundation slap !! Does any body know how to address the problem in this similar condition? Thanks in advance
Try replacing the washer on the valve stem. That is probably causing the vibration.
HI Ed, Could you point me to the location where I can fin information on how to change the valve stem you were talking about? frankly, I don't even know which/where the valve is located.
Thanks,

The valve stem is the part attached to the hand you turn to open the faucet. Inside, there is a seal, or washer, on the bottom that goes up against a seat so water cannot pass. The washers wear out, compress, or sometimes loosen and vibrate when water passes over them.
One of these may help
http://www.ehow.com/how_117402_fix-faucet.html http://www.ehow.com/how_385_repair-compression-stem.html
Jimmy S. wrote:

In addition to Ed's suggestion, which may well do it, you may want to check the water pressure in your home. If it is above 40 psi you may want to consider a pressure reducing valve.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit