No Layaway at Home Depot

I went to Home Depot to buy a new blade for my circular saw. The one that I need costs $12.99. I can not afford to pay off the whole thing for 2 or 3 months, and need to make payments. I asked them to put it on layaway for me, and they said they do not have a layaway program. What kind of business are they? Obviously not customer oriented. I told them that I will never buy from them again, and I wont.
macon snipped-for-privacy@earth-link.net wrote:

You didn't buy from them in the first place.
On 9/24/2012 1:28 AM, macon snipped-for-privacy@earth-link.net wrote:

imagines they are omniscient and thinks they are bringing their message to the world by posting messages in a home repair group...
macon snipped-for-privacy@earth-link.net wrote:

In the past, I would have laughed-off your post as some lame attempt at humor.
But given the pathetic economic conditions the USA is currently in, I wouldn't be surprised if this is not a fictional story, and that an outlay of $13 is financially painful for you.

Considering how gullible and ignorant you have proven to be, that comes as no surprise
macon snipped-for-privacy@earth-link.net wrote the following on 9/24/2012 1:28 AM (ET):

The guy was in error. They do have a layaway program. You layaway money for 2 or 3 months until you have the $12.99 and then you buy the blade. Don't forget the tax.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 00:28:26 -0500, macon snipped-for-privacy@earth-link.net wrote:

Like another poster said, I would normally laugh this off as a troll but given the economy, I will keep an open mind on your post.
Unless you must have it now, why not just wait 2 or 3 months then? Or can you borrow money from a relative or friend?
On Monday, September 24, 2012 10:40:44 AM UTC-4, Doug wrote:

Layaway programs are called "layaway" because you LAY the item AWAY until it is paid for. That means, you cannot have or use it until it is paid for.
Credit cards are for by now, pay later.
Layaway is for the weak-minded who lack the self-discipline to sock the money away in a cookie jar until they have enough saved up. If you don't have $20/month for the cookie jar, what makes you think you'll have $20 for the layaway payment?
When you miss the layaway payment you lose all the money you paid up to that point, and you don't get the item. People are broke, and stores are hurting, so they restarted layaway to scam you out of your money.
On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 09:48:58 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

away in a cookie jar until they have enough saved up. If you don't have $20/month for the cookie jar, what makes you think you'll have $20 for the layaway payment?

point, and you don't get the item. People are broke, and stores are hurting, so they restarted layaway to scam you out of your money.
opinions vary

away in a cookie jar until they have enough saved up. If you don't have $20/month for the cookie jar, what makes you think you'll have $20 for the layaway payment?

point, and you don't get the item. People are broke, and stores are hurting, so they restarted layaway to scam you out of your money.

...as do contracts. READ IT.
On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 09:48:58 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote
Layaway at Home Depot:

away in a cookie jar until they have enough saved up. If you don't have $20/month for the cookie jar, what makes you think you'll have $20 for the layaway payment?

point, and you don't get the item. People are broke, and stores are hurting, so they restarted layaway to scam you out of your money. True.
Unless you put it on layaway whilst it is on sale, thus saving money money instead of socking money away and buying at full price.
On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 09:48:58 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

away in a cookie jar until they have enough saved up. If you don't have $20/month for the cookie jar, what makes you think you'll have $20 for the layaway payment?

point, and you don't get the item. People are broke, and stores are hurting, so they restarted layaway to scam you out of your money. Absolutely. Layaway disappeared iiuc when credit cards enabled people to buy now. Now stores see a new opportunity.
I had a girlfriend once, who should have known better, I thought, who bought a coffee table on layaway. For months it was in the store, where it could have been kicked, scuffed, dented, lost and she was paying on it. She could have changed her mind or had to move to a place where the table didn't fi during that time. None of these things happened in her case afaik but would she have cancelled the sale for a small dent?
Plus like you say, if she kept the cash, she'd have it if the sale didn't go through.
On 9/24/2012 9:40 AM, Doug wrote:

You big silly, everyone knows where he can get all the money he needs. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

TDD
In wrote:

No-frills is part of the method used to keep prices down, bug-eye. If you want all that stuff, go to Sears et al.
On Sep 24, 12:29am, macon snipped-for-privacy@earth-link.net wrote:

Put it on a credit card
macon snipped-for-privacy@earth-link.net wrote in

good riddance to bad rubbish.....you!
On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 00:28:26 -0500 macon snipped-for-privacy@earth-link.net wrote in

How about stealing it? You could remove it from the package and slip it into your ass crack.
On Sep 24, 1:29am, macon snipped-for-privacy@earth-link.net wrote:

See if they stock the parts and buy what you can until you have enough to build your own blade.
Carbide tips are in Aisle 4. Steel circles are on the end-cap near the flooring section. If they are out of stock on the center hole, you can probably get one on-line.