No COLD water in washing machine?

Good point. That could fun to watch!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

re: "You were very gentle, all considered."

Thank you. Contrary to popular opinion, I'm really a nice guy.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Hi ................ Agree: Btw do you pronounce that 'Durbee' or 'Darbee' ??????

Cheers: terry (lower case 't')

Reply to
terry

I really am tempted to write something totally idiotic, here. But, that would likely cause my nose hairs to grow faster. And, I could accidentally fart in the tub, and pass out.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

..

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Derby...as in Soap Box Derby

As in

DerbyDad03

Good. Everyone prior seems to have overlooked that screen in the machine itself. I am _very_ familiar with it as my well pumps fine silt and plugs them. I say "them" as I have had 3 machines over 30 years and finally pulled that screen out of all of them.

Never a problem with the hot water as the heater acts as a settling tank...which reminds me that I need to drain and clean that tank again.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Turns out the machine was a replacement for another that had failed about 10 days ago. Turns out this was the first time machine was used since the install! Turns out the installers had hooked it up backwards. Took about three minutes for the appliance crew to fix the problem.

Thanks for the replies.

Lou

Reply to
LouB

-snip-

Cool. Do they have an old-timers race? SBD is one of the three things that I have wanted to do but haven't gotten to yet.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Stormin Mormon wrote the following:

"How's that hope-y, change-y thing workin' out for ya?" Sarah Palin at the Tea Party Convention.

Reply to
willshak

Lou, I'm glad you were able to get your friend taken care of. It seems to me these days that the more complicated our machines become, the simpler the problems are that keep them from functioning. I run service calls for a company with national accounts and wind up going to different retail establishments and many of the problems are frustratingly simple to repair. A womans apparel store chain I get calls to quite often, commonly has the simplest problems with their computer and phone systems. It's usually something unplugged. Of course I don't shop there because they have nothing in my size.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The do have an Ultimate Speed Challenge that allows for older drivers and totally custom made cars (as opposed to the kits now required by the AASBD.) However, there is one criteria to drive in that race that I don't think you meet:

You have to have raced in a Championship Race in Akron at least once in order to be allowed drive an Ultimate Speed car. That means you must have raced as a kid (8 -17) and have been good enough to make it to Akron by winning your city's annual race or by earning enough points on the Rally Circuit.

Here are a few pictures from last year's USC. We're in the process of building a car for the 2010 race which my daughter will be driving.

1st:
2nd:
3rd:
Pics of all entries and movies of the heats can be found here:

DerbyDad03

LouB wrote in news:4B6E95EF.6050208 @invalid.invalid:

And you didn't want idiodic remarks...

Red Green wrote in news:Xns9D178B923D81FRedGreen@216.168.3.70:

Reply to
Red Green

Well the lady has had major brain surgery so is entitled to some slack. I have zero plumbing knowledge and she is in a rented house.

Reply to
LouB

LouB wrote in news:4B6FD0AC.6080804 @invalid.invalid:

Thanks for the feedback. We don't always get that. And it's nothing on the lady. She didn't hook it up.

Reply to
Red Green

You're a good man for helping her out. We need more people like you.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Where are you that you can even get a repairman to show up for less than $100?

nate

Reply to
N8N