No COLD water in washing machine?

Couldn't resist huh MM? :-)
Everybody excels at something. My idiodic remarks would be:
Is it plugged in? Did someone steal the cold water hose while no one was looking? Bill paid? Does anything get water? Didn't say she was not getting hot water. Is hot water coming out of cold line?

This is a fairly common problem these days. It's the result of global warming.
CY: Wrong, it's the fault of Republican obstructionalism.

Not much she can do except work for the enactment of the climate change bill.
CY: Work for hope and change.

CY: Have Al Gore come and fix it, or B. Hussein Obama.
Stormin Mormon wrote the following:

"How's that hope-y, change-y thing workin' out for ya?" Sarah Palin at the Tea Party Convention.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

When my water was slow I pulled the hose attached at the machine, there was a recessed filter in the machine it was clogged. If machines are part of the rental let the landlord do it or let him know, you break it you might pay.
Try posting at althvac for a professional polite non idiotic real response, thats where all the good repairman are, they help fix everything at althvac. Nice bunch of polite guys. Did you try turning on the water.

re: althvac Nice bunch of polite guys
He said no idiotic remarks. ;-)

Who said he knew of those nice guys

Good point. That could fun to watch!
ransley wrote:

I don't know the laws in different states, but way back in the 70's in PA the renter was responsible for all repairs under $100. That amount may have gone up? Or maybe there is no such law in your state? In PA even with that law, the landlord often took care of such problems rather than have some half assed fix it guy come in and screw things up.

I really can't imagine that there was ever any such law in any state. A rental situation is a private contract between two parties. Having the state involved in detemining who's responsible for repairs creates a whole series of problems and I don't see what problem it's trying to solve. Does the tenant then have the right to climb on my roof to make the a repair? Who has liabitity if they fall? Suppose I don't want an idiot tenant to make any repairs themselves or to choose a half-assed guy they want to fix things? Who can determine in advance what a given repair will cost? Suppose they call a repairman to fix a washing machine and upon getting there, it costs $200? Suppose you happen to live in a house that has a couple of $100 repairs a month? Does the tenent then pay $200 every month? As a landlord, could I then say to my tenant, the front steps need to be painted, you have to do it because it's less than $100? Next month, I tell them the walkway needs to be power washed.
Clearly there are some rental situations where it's agreed between the parties that the tenent is responsible for certain maintenance items. A common example would be cutting the grass or snow removal.
In PA

Where are you that you can even get a repairman to show up for less than $100?
nate
LouB wrote:

Turns out the machine was a replacement for another that had failed about 10 days ago. Turns out this was the first time machine was used since the install! Turns out the installers had hooked it up backwards. Took about three minutes for the appliance crew to fix the problem.
Thanks for the replies.
Lou
LouB wrote:

Lou, I'm glad you were able to get your friend taken care of. It seems to me these days that the more complicated our machines become, the simpler the problems are that keep them from functioning. I run service calls for a company with national accounts and wind up going to different retail establishments and many of the problems are frustratingly simple to repair. A womans apparel store chain I get calls to quite often, commonly has the simplest problems with their computer and phone systems. It's usually something unplugged. Of course I don't shop there because they have nothing in my size.
TDD
<snip>

Red Green wrote:

Well the lady has had major brain surgery so is entitled to some slack. I have zero plumbing knowledge and she is in a rented house.

Thanks for the feedback. We don't always get that. And it's nothing on the lady. She didn't hook it up.
LouB wrote:

You're a good man for helping her out. We need more people like you.
TDD