Night call out -- then cancell call

Just got off the phone with a national referral company. They want me to go about half hour drive from here to fix a Detex lock on a back door. Won't lock.
I went to bed about 10 PM, and they woke me about 11 PM. It's been a LONG day, and I'm dehydrated, frustrated, and tired. Got a couple repair calls that are really not being easy to fix.
I called the store, and the manager there said to come on over.
While getting dressed, the referral company called. The store had called several local companies, and one of them was at the back door.
They woke me up at 11 PM. Though, they did cancell before I got out the door. Should I send a bill for a service call charge? Doubletime after hours?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

its a freebie since you didnt leave on call. charge them and you might get paid but never get another referral ever again

And why would he want to get referrals from a place tht pulls this crap?
That's about what I'm thinking. Ultimately, it wasn't the referral company fault. The store which ahd the broken lock called another locksmith.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Depends on your agreement. With some, the clock starts at the time of call, with others when you set foot out the door.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I know how you feel. I spent 31 years on 24-7-365 retainer as a support engineer. Had to travel near and far(overseas) on a moment's notice. But if I don't go out, no bills(T&L). I still go to bed way after midnight. I retired in '96 before I burned out, LOL
Stormin Mormon wrote:

the cops for a prowler and the prowler not waiting around for the cops. I hope it's the worst thing that happens to you all year :o)