New Illinios Law Requires Photo ID To Buy Drain Cleaner

Page 3 of 3
Kurt Ullman wrote:

Kennesaw, Georgia. It wasn't tossed, it's still the law. You didn't have to BUY a particular firearm, but each head of household was required to have one handy. There were exceptions for religious reasons. The law went into effect in 1982 and, since then, Kennesaw has not recorded a murder, forcible rape, or felonious mopery. Kennesaw has the lowest crime rate in Cobb county.

There are compelling arguments on both sides. Inasmuch as a firearm is constitutionally protected, property rights must yield in the same way a mall cannot prohibit colored people, women, athiests, or those who merely smell funny. (Not sure about the last.)
harry wrote:

You said I was great at "inventing facts." What facts did I invent? Come on, that should be easy.
You went even further by calling me a liar ("...More lies. You never..."). What lies did I assert?
What facts did I invent? What lies?
The crowd holds its breath.
harry wrote:

I said NOTHING about rising or falling crime rate. That is entirely your fabrication.
So what? How much greater would crime be rising if gun ownership was NOT mandatory? I tried to make the point that Kennesaw STILL has the lowest crime rate in the county - and that's irrespective of the rise or fall of the crime rate.

Fool. Show me a lie or an invented fact in my post. Come on, dipswitch, validate your claim.
On 1/7/2012 8:27 AM, Home Guy wrote:

Canadian education?
JimT wrote:

Ebonics. It's what they teach you in the US - yes?
On 1/7/2012 6:43 PM, Home Guy wrote:

Just another diversity language, eh? ^_^
TDD

Correct, because the Illinois law only requires those who SELL drain cleaner and other designated harmful chemicals to log the transactions, there is NOTHING in that law which will prevent someone from going across a state line to buy those same items and bringing them back to Chicago to throw at an innocent victim, nor would the recordkeeping aspects of said law require persons who GIVE or PROVIDE such products FREE OF CHARGE to someone...
All this law did was bog down the police with lists of people totally uninvolved with any sort of criminal activity that they now will have to eliminate as suspects when any future similar crimes occur...
~~ Evan

Guess this lawmaker is too stupid to realize that drain cleaner is one of the ingredients used in meth labs to make methamphetamenes. Frank
Home Guy wrote:

Three thoughts come to mind:
1.a. The law was sponsored by a Democrat, yet it is the Democratic Party's mantra that a government-issued ID is discriminatory. 1.b. There is no provision in the law to accommodate those who do not have and cannot get a picture ID. They're screwed.
2. If innocent citizens are being plagued by caustic chemical attacks, how about allowing these private citizens to go about their comings and goings while armed? Illinois is the only state that does not permit concealed carry of a handgun. By anybody.
3. The occasional (rare?) attack by caustic chemical criminals is, regrettably, the price we must pay for unfettered ability to have a clean drain. I've never heard of anybody, looking at a very slow drain, saying to himself: "I must endure this so that some uppity women can do their uppityness unmolested."

Like pseudoephedrine, lye (drain cleaner) is needed to make crystal meth etc. For pseudoephedrine-containing meds such as Zyrtec-D you need to show your drivers license which gets recorded with the quantoty of pseudoephedrine you're buying. Only so much per week is allowed, meaning you 2 for the price of 1 coupons are worthless.
--
Best regards
Han
3. The occasional (rare?) attack by caustic chemical criminals is, regrettably, the price we must pay for unfettered ability to have a clean drain. I've never heard of anybody, looking at a very slow drain, saying to himself: "I must endure this so that some uppity women can do their uppityness unmolested."
On 1/8/2012 12:13 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Old Ted drowned more women than either of us. ^_^
TDD

Pretty soon the government will make it a felony to plug up your drains.
They are trying to control everthing else. RonB

This may be related to it being regulated in some areas and not others. Generally it is easier to do something nationwide than it is to try and figure out which place it is legal and which it isn't.
Kurt Ullman wrote:

For example, phosphates in detergents.

incidentally,ammonium nitrate fertilizer has been changed to make it useless for bombmaking.IIRC,they added sulfur and coated the prills.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik