New front door letting in outside air

I just bought a new home, and the wind comes through around the steel entry door perimeter. Does this mean the door wasn't installed properly, or is there some adjustment that can be made, or ???
woods wrote:

"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know." --Mark Twain
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:15:27 -0400, LouB wrote:

Either it needs magnetic seals or reinstalled. Either way, contact the builder and have them repair it.

*It sounds as though there is no weatherstripping around the door stops.
woods wrote:

Need more data. Is the leak between the door slab and the frame, or outside the frame between it and the wall? And is this a NEW new house, or new to you? If newly built, get the builder back in there- their door guy didn't install door properly. If new to you, and you don't know how to fix, buy a DIY book with pictures, or hire a good handyman and watch him. Not rocket science, but hard to explain in just words.
-- aem sends...

The leak is between the door and the weatherstripping on the door stop. It is a New new house. Getting the builder back in has been a very difficult chore. I am threatening to go to small claims court on another issue he hasn't fixed yet. (Been in the house since Sept 30)
woods wrote:

Try contacting the local newspaper, but remember the builder is probably on the verge of going broke.
woods wrote:

Have you sent the builder a written description of the problems? If not, it would be a good idea, and send certified mail. Make it nice, business-like accurate description of prolem and ask specifically what steps he will take to correct the problem. Do you know who, if any sub-contractors did work? Hope you haven't already threatened to him to take him to s.c. court - that probably won't gain points. Submitting a complaint against his license would be a good next step if he doesn't correct the issues. I wouldn't do any work on the issues myself unless you give up on him, as he can then claim that you caused the problem or added to them.