New Echo grass trimmer leaks from the exhaust

I suppose the fact that a two-stroke engine normally burns oil means that there will be a small leakage of oil from the exhaust? After running the thing for two hours or so, one drop came out of the exhaust. That's normal, right?

Thanks.

Reply to
John Doe

I never saw come out of exhaust, but seems reasonable. It's going to condense if there is smoke, but should also evaporate when hot. My trimmer leaks out the gas cap if I don't set it in the right position.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I've never seen oil come out. Nor would I expect it too. The oil is in a very low concentration in the gas and should burn. Even if some gas/oil mix came out unburned somehow, it would be 40 times more gas than oil so it wouldn't really look like oil.

Reply to
trader4

If there was a slow fuel leak, the gasoline in the leak would evaporate first, leaving the oil(y) substance behind to drip out. But if the exhaust was hot from running for two hours, like the OP said, then something doesn't make sense. Even the oil would be evaporated.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Mine is California Air Resources Board (CARB) compliant. Maybe more of the exhaust is turned into liquid.

Reply to
John Doe

It starts easily enough. All I have to do is look at the cord... :)

Reply to
John Doe