Neon Pilot Won't Light on Wall Switch

Page 2 of 2

Helloooo..... he *has* one.
(What do you think the two wires are, anyway?)

Of course you can. Why would you not be able to?

Assumption on your part.
Doug Miller wrote:

Right. That's why my post said "neutral / ground", implying one or the other. Another poster correctly indicated that using ground in lieu of neutral could cause a problem if a GFCI breaker were used on the circuit in question.
20 posts and counting.....
Doug Miller wrote:

Yes, and it was good one :-)
Doug Miller wrote:

Because he doesn't have a neutral connection. Or a ground connection, either.
23 posts and counting.......
criple fight!!!
randy
Doug Miller wrote:

Hot and neutral.
22 posts and counting.......

Right... so why can't he use a device that requires hot and neutral?

No evidence for that, in the OP's statements so far.
Let me rephrase: *unwarranted* assumption on your part.

He said he has a two-wire system. You acknowledge in another post that you understand that the two wires are hot and neutral. So how does he not have "a neutral connection"?
Travis Jordan wrote:

Oops - Just to set the record straight and to increment the post count (sorry, Matt).
I should have said (as stated earlier in the thread..)...
In the OP's case, it is a switched circuit - ie. 'hot' and 'load'.
But you all know that by now.

Ummm.... when and where did the OP ever say that? We've had two people so far, you and someone else, *assuming* that to be the case, but not, as far as I can tell, with any basis whatever in anything that the OP has written.

I wonder where you are. I bought one at the local HD and had the same problem. I returned it as defective.
When I got the new one home I saw the switch body was marked to say it was lighted.
My guess is that some petty crook had done a swap and put the original switch into a standard switch package and waltzed out feeling so f***ing proud of himself.
Charlie