Neighbor problem (long)

Page 3 of 3  


Grammar police are really bewildered why people say "WHOM" when it should be "WHO"....responded to you. If you say it aloud, it sounds totally weird. So why use it in writing? Supposed to be more "elegant"???
GB

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote in message

Sorry about hitting the trailer park pig nerve.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 4/29/2011 1:14 PM, Carmen Troyer wrote:

conduct. however he has tons of old junk on hos property. Two neighbors did move away because of it. For thirty years we have tried but no one will buy because of it. That would be the only financial way we could afford to. Tried to get help from City several times. But it is good ole boy stuff and he is related to most everybody. he is just exercising his property rights. We get along and welcome talking with him. He has made several deliberate insults or call it what you may like this last one. He parked a trailer with an old ambulance body on it across from our Living room window and entry door. It is bait to get me to say something. We keep the blinds closed and try to make the most of it. I seldom go out into the yard because it has become so grating. It tears at my soul to be baited like this and at the same time he seems so nice. It has caused us a lot of economic hardship and contributed to both of our health problems. If I say anything it will just make us look like villains or something. There is no way out for us. We are stuck here but with good neighbors. We have suffered enough. I guess we will figure a way to just buy something else and live there as best we can and maintain this place at the same time. Our place has deteriorated over time because we weren't able to sell a the times we should have and health is gone now. 'm not sure who's winning in this game this guy or... It certainly isn't us. What really sucks is knowing that he is perhaps not really friendly and is just waiting for me to blow my lid about the abuse which won't do anything.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Lil Abner wrote:

Is he dealing drugs out of the house? Does he have loud drunken parties with tweakers and bikers? Does he have a wood burning stove that fills your house with smoke all winter? Does he have people living in a trailer who dump their bodily waste on your property line? Has he threatened you?
No? Then MYOB. Seriously. If you want to live in a pristine neighborhood where people stick their nose up your business go somewhere with a HOA.
As it is, you've got a harmless guy with some junk. As far as neighbors go, that's pretty far down on the "bad neighbor" list.
Check yourself, and count your blessings.
Jon
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 4/29/2011 9:57 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:

but all of a sudden some years ago it was. Agricultural doesn't mean junkyards in front, of your house. It was pristine when we moved here. Everyone is unhappy with it but just goes along. Rest assured if we tried something like that we would have all kinds of problems. Perhaps you would likea junkyard across from your front door or more than likely you live in one.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Lil Abner wrote:

Judging from the tone of your reply, it's pretty easy to see who has the problem here.
Jon
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 4/29/2011 10:22 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:

problem. You just don't step on your neighbors. You don't cause neighbors financial harm. You don't turn the neighborhood into a dump. I don't know why I even replied to such an attitude. plonk
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Jon Danniken wrote:

In every neighborhood there is a neighnorhood police man. When I had 30 ft. 5th wheel camping trailer and Ford Super cab truck, a guy next door over behind one day came over knocking my door. When I open the door it was him, asking me to pay him 700 bucks to plant trees in his back yard to block he ugly view of my rig. I just slammed the door to his face without a word. He moved away soon after. My rig is long gone as well.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 4/29/2011 10:34 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

I won't speculate about motives beyond what observed. Several neighbors have RV's and boats. They don't have a junk yards. I won't mistreat him or anything. Matter of fact we may invite him to barbecue. It's hard to deal with these situations without causing hard feelings etc. So far two moved away because of it, some time ago. We continue to keep our blinds closed and grin and bear it. I wonder if you would have such forbearance. the harms mentioned are real. It's fine as long as we have to tolerate. It is not fine when you have to. What is right for one is right for everyone else. I am not permitted to and have no desire to cause such problems. Here, in southern Ky we do things different.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Abner, get real. If you couldn't sell your house in 30 years, you were asking too much for it. Plain and simple. Up until the last 8 years, there was a housing boom. Even if you took a loss, it would be gained back in 30 years. I ain't buyin' your BS.
Also, why would anybody stay there if it is that bad and causing you and your wife health problems?
You are so full of shit, I can smell you from the other NG's.
Hank <~~~ able to see thru the smoke screen
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 4/30/2011 6:02 AM, Hank wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Tell him you want your weiner & STFU,PRICK !! Nobody moved away because of him, Retard Bitch !!!
Jr
http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/MyWoodWorkingPage
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
A neighbor of mine complained in early april I hadnt cleaned up all the leaves left over from fall. It was early april and had snowed the previous weekend...
So that year my back yard got cut the first time for the 4th of july.
She never complained about anything again:)
God rest Kays sole, she wasnt a bad person but she was in everyones business.....
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Carmen Troyer wrote:

You will never - repeat, *NEVER* - get him to comply or change. There is only one cure...
1. Buy his place (perhaps with other neighbors?)
2. Resell or rent it to a neatnik
--

dadiOH
____________________________
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 4/30/2011 10:23 AM, dadiOH wrote:

him pile his junk on your side even. Buy earplugs. Plant a huge windbreak. Sell, if you can now. apparently trash have all the rights.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Lil Abner wrote:

He has the same rights as you do. If his exercise of his rights offends you, there are numerous things you can do...
1. Ignore it
2. Block it
3. As him to move it
4. Call the zoning depertment. Frankly, I'd think they'd ROFLAO over that "mess". If you think that is a mess you have led a sheltered life.
5. Leave
--

dadiOH
____________________________
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 13:14:15 -0400, Carmen Troyer wrote:

Hire an attorney to scour city ordinances and file complaints for every violation. Sounds like there are many there maybe he will get tired of paying fines for repeat offenses.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
A. Baum wrote the following:

I've read all the responses so far and here are the facts as told by the OP. He helped the neighbor build a deck at his own expense and was never invited to the party. Right there, there is an animosity that cannot be resolved. Looking at the photo the OP provided, it seems there is a little debris piled in the back of the house. I've seen worse. It looks like the OP is the only one seeing the debris. Others might have the sight blocked by the OP's house. Some neighbor moved away because the offender did not mow the lawn. Not ever? The back yard looks as mown as the OPs. Maybe the neighbor moved away because of the OP's compulsive obsessive behavior.. Looking at all the above, my solution would be for the OP to move, or maybe break into the neighbor's house in the middle of the night and kill the whole family. That would render the house vacant, and probably the OP's house as well. Problem solved.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.