Need to convince the wife that it's crud on her countertop (not grout)

Page 2 of 6

Sort of quasi-government. Originally private, then "bailed out" by New York State.

Thanks for showing some class. You've restored my faith in you.
--
Dan Espen

Wrong. Why are you still crossposting?

ast.

eople

y.

n a

But thinking that a broken leg is a disability seems more like a real disability. That & thinking that a huge % of the population is faking disability.
DD_BobK wrote, On 5/31/2013 1:47 PM:

Seems reasonable to me. Although "faking it" may be a bit strong considering how dedicated government is to giving it away.
As an example, my older brother (now 88) picked up some shrapnel from a Japanese grenade in the Philippines It wasn't a major deal, he walked to the aid station and most of it was picked out; however, it got him a small - 10%? - disability. Well, 3-4 years ago he got a letter out of the blue informing him that it was being increased to 100%.
And a large percentage of the population IS receiving some sort of unearned government money. By "unearned" I mean something for which the recipient was not taxed.
There is also all that income that is off the books.
And, of course, that old favorite: the inflated insurance claim. Which pales into insignificance in the face of the inflated medical bill (to the insurance company or medicare). I remember when you could get a doc for a house call for about eight bucks; I had a stress test a few years ago, took about three hours (mostly waiting), administered by a tech, saw the doc for 10 minutes for results. The bill to the insurance company was a smidge under $10,000, no idea how much they actually paid.
We are all familiar with the proliferation of the "I'm going to get it while the getting is good" politicians (see "Detroit" for a shining example). Not to mention those (all) from local to federal that receive ridiculously high wages and benefits.
Basically, we - the entire world? - have turned into a nation of grifters.
--
dadiOH

They are called a temporary disability.

My mom qualified for Handicap Plates She had a total of 4 hip replacement surgeries throughout her life. Once I drove the van to go pick her up, and used the handicapped slot so she would have to walk far. Some idiot started ranting at me about my not being handicapped Meanwhile she walked to the van on her own using 2 canes at the time. She asked the idiot if there was a problem. The idiot went "oh" and slunk away.

Yes. We use the placards for my MIL and dad when we have to transport them.
On Thu, 30 May 2013 21:00:12 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

My responses were all regarding this JoeBro statement:

Do you hardware store nerds realize you're still posting to rec.food.cooking?
Given the babble about gasoline in the kitchen, shit-encrusted ovens, and disability fraud, some killfile entries are a bit overdue.
On 5/31/2013 1:14 PM, Nunya Bidnits wrote:

Hey Numb Buns, if you had a real newsreader, you could easily kill any thread that you don't like. I use Thunderbird and if I see a cross post I don't like, I simply press the "K" key and it kills the thread and I no longer see it. You could try that instead of bitching unless you're one of the weird ones who enjoys bitching. ^_^
TDD
On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 18:50:42 -0500, The Daring Dufas

It would be even better if you learned how not to crosspost.

In wrote:

I don't know who in this thread started the crosspost, but iffen ya'll in RFC would strip it from your own replies it would at least diminish the thread considerably in RFC jmo ymmv

Much agreement and I will kill the thread after this. I hate crossposts too. This got started because some dummkopf thought if the subject is applicable to both groups, both will appreciate a broader approach to it. NO, we don't! The OP who (obviously) participates in both groups thought it was a good idea, but it only annoys everyone else.
News Flash to the idiot OP: Next time you have the urge to crosspost a thread - make identical, but separate posts to both groups and YOU do the work of reading both threads. Don't piss off posters in two different news groups like you did with this thread.
Of course, there's always the possibility that whoever did it is a resident trouble maker of one of the groups (probably using two different nyms) - so it's par for the course.

He's still trying to process the word "learned".

I've removed it several times. The shit-for-brains hardware store nerd at the top of the thread and his minions apparently insist on reinserting it.
On 6/1/2013 6:56 PM, sf wrote:

Hell no, I'm a troublemaker. ^_^
TDD
Idiotic Crosspost DELETED

Hey, anyone who names themselves dufus and can't even spell it has no business criticizing anyone for anything. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dufus?ru&src=ref&ch=dic And yes, I can easily KF an entire thread, you don't know what you're talking about.

That's nothing to brag about.

So you entirely miss the totally obvious point that I don't want to see ANY more comments in ANY thread from the primary blithering idiots involved in that discussion. Clearly you missed the discussion, dropped in at the end, and decided to share your sage advice with those who know more than you. Sorry it didn't work out.
Now run along kid, and go tell your mother she wants you.
MartyB
On 6/2/2013 7:15 PM, Nunya Bidnits wrote:

"Dufas" is a proper surname Numb Buns. Display your ignorance for all to see, it's entertaining. I suppose the play on words is lost on you as it usually is on those who claim ownership of Usenet enough to bitch about things or fail to view any post without the proper seasoning, if you must limit your salt intake, there are salt substitutes. ^_^
TDD

Well, actually, no...
I figure they're thinking a "disability of a different sort",
On Fri, 31 May 2013 10:45:50 -0700, DD_BobK wrote:

:)

ttp://www.fbi.gov/newyork/press-releases/2013/twenty-third-defendant...
Ahhhh.....now it all makes sense...

Besides, IMHO, 99% of people on disability are faking it, (just like all those fakes with handicap parking stickers as they pull the golf bags out of the trunk).
Of course, I don't know personally of a single person on disability, so I get my statistics from the Long Island Railroad and the Justice Department:
http://www.justice.gov/usao/nys/pressreleases/March13/SatinSentencing ... http://www.fbi.gov/newyork/press-releases/2013/twenty-third-defendant ... <<<<
You just make things up and cannot correctly interpret data. You logic co-processor is broken missing or wired wrong.
99%.. sheesh!