Need special hinges

Page 2 of 2

Lowes and Home Cheepo have some strange cabinet hinges. Typically along the aisle, in pull out plastic drawers, or tip out drawers. USually plastic wrapped. http://www.thehardwarecity.com/products/64-2421-Ch-Euro-Cabinet-Hinge-/9149188 One such typical hinge.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Which is nothing but a standard euro-style hinge that won't do anything for the OP's stated problem.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

If there is the usual 1/4" to 1/2" space between each cabinet, and just the fronts cover that gap, you could take them all down and rip an extra 1/8 or more inch off each one. Depends on how many cabinets are on that wall. Also the cabinet at the opposite end may be able to be modified to make it narrower easier than the one you are having trouble with.
On 1/10/2010 6:46 AM Tony spake thus:

You don't understand (or I didn't make the installation clear enough in my description). There are two cabinets, one on each side of an all-in-one compact kitchen unit (stove/fridge/sink). There is ZERO space between anything. No way to take anything off of anything, except the one door on the cabinet at the end behind the door trim, which is what I'm going to do. (Plus the all-in-one unit can't be moved at all, since it's now plumbed in to the wall.)

- a Usenet "apology"
David Nebenzahl wrote:

I see. I didn't catch that part, I pictured a wall of cabinets.