Need help with the timer on an oldham aerobic system

I have a paragon jw30-00 timer in the aerobic system(Oldham)to run the aerator. The old one would not work properly.I bought a new one and wired it the same way the old one was wired but I cannot get it to work. When I turn the knob manually the gears do not spin just the time adjustment turns.On the old one when turned manually the gears spin and the timer adjustment stays the same. What am I doing wrong?