need a HD toilet seat

Page 2 of 2

Tony posted for all of us...

Huh? Maybe in your agreement..
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.

Again, a $30 repair every 18-24 months for a "GREAT" tenant is not a deal breaker. At least for most landlords. And to bitch about "labor" costs? Really? You can't change a toilet seat yourself? Sell all your property and buy stocks. You're too incompetent to own real estate. Seriously.
h wrote:

How do you know if the OP is physically able to do the work?
BTW wouldn't a wooden seat last?

Pretty well. My husband is about 370 pounds, and one of those oak seats (with extra feet applied to even out the stresses where it's pieced together) lasts until the finish starts degrading from the cleaners that I use. (Since it's not white, I can't really see if it's dirty, so I just use a scorched earth approach.)
No idea how heavy the OP's tenant is. It can be difficult to estimate by looking when someone is so far from average.
Cindy Hamilton

I like the looks of wooden seats. But they tend to separate/crack where it's joined.

They didn't 20 years ago when Golden Oak <everything> was in vogue.

Ouch!

Until I read the posting was trying to figure out what a "Higfh Definition" toilet seat might be! Maybe a metal reinforced one? i.e. a horseshoe metal reinforcing to the bottom the seat. And/or additional contact points to spread the weight evenly from the bottom of the seat to the ceramic portion of of the toilet.

Just curious how well the wax rings hold up.