Mystery pipe?

Page 3 of 4
wrote in message

You *think* yer paying 8c, bec you believe the utility co. Do the division -- if you know how -- and post back.
--
EA

>>We have a huge natural gas pipeline running through this county but it
wrote in message

I use a spreadsheet to separate and total the fixed and consumption charges. This year the cost is $11.96 + $0.16094 * KWH for the main meter, $4.12 + $0.13766 * KWH for hot water. I just reprogrammed the KAWez to Rate = 0.161. jsw
On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 00:23:58 -0500, "Existential Angst"

Good Lord, you're stupid. ...but do you really have to prove it with *every* post?
Harry K wrote:

Not when the only availible gas is propane.

A hookup to the street and the monthly customer charge are more than electric hot water costs me now.
Jim Wilkins wrote:

I have two electric hot water heaters. One is on a timer, the other has a maunual switch. My electric bill is about $50 a month, right now.

Last month I paid $4.21 for the second meter and $4.54 for 33 KWH of electricity. The sink spray that replaces the shower head really cuts consumption and I use the wood stove for laundry and dishwashing hot water. A tempering tank in the feed line raises the cold water to room temperature, with wood heat.
Jim Wilkins wrote:

Most of my electric use is air conditioning. No simple way to make a reliable, wood fired A/C. :(
Years ago, I did see a wood stove with central AC combination. Took a couple photos, but that was a long time ago. When I went to a church meeting at Kirtland, Ohio.
Most of my electric use is air conditioning. No simple way to make a reliable, wood fired A/C. :(

True but I meant natural gas (should have specified that).
Harry K
news:8a40db29-3d18-4e47-bfdb-new tanks are more efficent and safer too.....

I see very little difference between the new foam and the old fiberglass ones. With add-on blankets both use a bit over 1 KWH per day, the bill was for 33 KWH last month. Without the blanket the foam one used 1.5 KWH/day. I didn't record the old one before installing the blanket. Both pipes are insulated up to the ceiling. I set up a spreadsheet to extrapolate the daily use from shorter meter reading intervals so showers and laundry wouldn't interfere.

An overpressure in the tank should pressurize the inflow and outflow too.

Especially if the water supply has a working pressure regulator on it - I'm still putting off adding an expansion-tank to the cold wqater supply at the HWH.

no tank needed if supply pressure isnt too high, and you dont have a check valve on your main

Correction: If water supply has a *check-valve*, Not sure if pressure regulator would figure in or not to the way the HWH over-pressurizes it's supply line.
Sorry for the misinfo, thanks to the earlier poster who caught the mistake, would have replied to you but I inadvertently deleted the msg.

The outlet should go to a _safe drain_ as once it opens it is likely to remain that way and continue to run water at the system pressure.
Harry K

Why do you have a HW heater? Does your WH not make CW hot enough?
On 1/22/2013 10:23 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

If you heat hot water, doesn't it boil? So a hot water heater would be a boiler? ^_^
TDD
On Jan 22, 11:27am, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:>

Why would one heat hot water?
On 1/22/2013 10:31 AM, Thomas wrote: