plumbing supply lines

Would someone comment on braided metal water supply lines. Flexols? I am changing the faucet in the kitchen sink and will change the supply lines at the same time. Are the braided lines okay or should i use something else. Thanks. Patt.

Reply to
Patt

If your water pressure isn't above normal, you probably don't need them, although there's nothing saying you can't use them if you like. I've used nothing but the gray plastic in my house for years and never had a problem.

Reply to
William Morris

IMHO, cool looking. They remind me of what was used on hot rods, oh so long ago.

Easy to install.

Reply to
John Hines

At the suggestion of a plumber, I use them on clothes washer. TB

Reply to
Tom Baker

Here are the pros: They are easy to use. They are unlikely to present a problem in the lifetime of the faucet, so you can just buy new ones when you install a new faucet. The connection are screw on so they are less likely to leak than some other types.

Here are the cons: More expensive. Restrict the flow of water more that most other types (if you look at the connectors you will find that the rubber compression seals are "internal" instead of outside on the pipe). The latter doesn't really have much effect on bathroom or kitchen faucet flow.

Patt wrote:

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Patt:

P > Would someone comment on braided metal water supply lines. Flexols? I am P > changing the faucet in the kitchen sink and will change the supply lines at P > the same time. Are the braided lines okay or should i use something else.

Using the braided supply may be a lot easier than trying to match lengths of plastic or metal pipe, while crunched up in a small enclosed space, especially when one is not a plumber. Years ago we replaced the toilet and found the outlet at the wall and the inlet at the bottom of the new tank were in very close proximity. A longish length of braided 'pipe' loosely tied in a knot solved the problem.

  • You're Old: Get complimented on your layered look; you're wearing a bikini.
Reply to
barry martin