My channels 13 and up don't work on VCR?

I have two VRCs (Sanyo and rca) with the same kind of hook ups at the back. But for some reason when I scan through the channels on the RCA vcr I don't get any channels 13 and up. Why would that be? I have a tower antenna that leads to a cheap amplifier box out the vcr (in) and down to the TV in. I Don't use the rca jacks. When I hook it up exactly the same way with the Sanyo I get all channels, but not with the rca. Why would that be? I just had a thought could it be some kind of setting on the vcr setting? What else could it be?

it is... the rca is set up for "cable" tuning.. not UHF (sometimes called AIR)
--
be safe.
flip

You mean antenna don't you - he has a tower antenna... The frequencies for cable and antenna are closely related for channels 2-13 (not exactly). Then above that they are all different.
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/catv-ch.html

You're probably correct?
It's been a long time since I didn't have cable but I remember back to the days when there were only 13 VHF channels. UHF was then added later.
I'm not sure what the proper setting for this VCR is but the fact it will only tune to 13 means it's not tuning the UHF channels. Try the various tuner settings options til you get what you want.
John

need to be autosearched for signals
there should be some kind of button on the vcr or the remote. tony d.

go to the menu and select the antenna/cable option. Slect antenna for off the air reception and cable for cable.
one vcr is set for antenna and the other is set for cable....
C.