My central a/c won't work:(!!! HOT IN TEXAS!

Page 2 of 3
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

But not the same contacts. The compressor draws considerably more current and the contacts regulating the compressor are much more prone to burning and pitting.
HeyBub wrote:

That would depend greatly upon the mfr and model. Often, the combined amp load of both is low enough that a single set of contacts (2P) is adequate to carry fan and compressor.
Jim

We're talking a small residential system here... they're on the same contactor!
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

... but don't necessarily use both halves.

the
They're both 240 volt products... both halves are needed for operation!
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's probably, but not necessarily true.

the
without
Why isn't it?
Just how many air conditioners do you service on a daily basis?
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

You've never heard of a 120V motor?

condition:
that
How many have you come across on a residential spilt air conditioning condenser?
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

That's why I said "probably."

of
operation!
Why did you reply on something that you have limited knowledge?
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

I suppose you claim you've seen every AC unit ever made? You know there are places in this country that only have 120V, or even have DC power distribution?

Oh, did you see, the OP is from TEXAS!!
Dipshit!
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

What's your problem with Texas? Too hot for you? If you knew something about AC, you could learn to be comfortable there.

scope
is
realize
run
Nothings wrong with Texas, why don't you stay 'on-topic'?
What's-a-matter, do you forget what the topic was about?
If you knew something about air conditioning, you wouldn't have made your stupid ass comment!

Learn to snip. ;-)

Didn't want anyone to miss anything. :-)
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
<snip>

<snip>
You were the one who changed the subject and started dissing Texas.

They are seperate devices but in 99% of residential units they both run off of the same contactor. so what kjpro says is probably correct. there are exceptions and without being there a diagnosis is impossible.
On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 22:25:20 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Im tired and they're laughing, so I'd suggest groups.google.com for this ng, with some of the keywords you used. There have been many discussions of what to do. Or just try Find all words
AC fan thermostat 24v
Not that that's the problem, but it will i"m pretty sure bring up discussions about the whole topic. It's a common problem, and found in the archives.