how can i get a persons homeowners ins. info

last august i broke my leg due to someone having a large hole on their property.they refuse to give homeowner info to attorney and hangup will not respond to mail sent from atty.. how can i get this info?

Reply to
MiladyJaniebabes

That's the attorney's job and if they can't get that far, best get a different one.

Filing a suit will certainly raise some attention levels one would assume. Of course, the reason the attorney hasn't gotten anywhere _might_ just be he doesn't think you have a strong enough claim...

Reply to
dpb

I sure hope you are joking? What kind of attorney doesn't know how to handle this?

Reply to
Toller

wrote

If they have a mortgage, that information will be on file with the tax collector in that town. The mortgage company will have the insurance information.

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

???

You sue THEM, not their insurance company. The insurance company didn't break your leg. What kind of a fake attorney are you using? Does he work nights delivering pizza?

Reply to
anywhere

*You* *don't* get this info. Your *attorney* is supposed to get it. It's been almost a year now -- waaaaaay past time for you to find a different attorney. A *competent* one. The one you have now is an idiot.
Reply to
Doug Miller

Be aware that there is a statute of limitations. You are running out of time. Get a new lawyer.

Reply to
ValveJob

Get a new attorney, dumbass. Preferably one that actually attended a school of law.

Who ties your shoelaces for you in the mornings?

Reply to
Dan C

As others have said your attorney is not doing his or her job. That being said I would check with the county recorders office to find out the legal owner of the property. It is a public record.

Reply to
Eric9822

Personally, I'd like to know what you were DOING on the other person's property. Did you have permission to be there?

Kate O|||||||O

Reply to
Kate

let's see.....you could throttle them within an inch of their lives. Maybe they'll divulge the information.

Reply to
Me