My anti-tailgater attachment

Page 2 of 2
"John‰]                                                                 "

Hopefully,today's clean autos do not have so much unburned fuel leaving the tailpipe.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
============== John wrote:
Well, in the 50's, the trick was to drill a hole in the tailpipes near the end, tap a couple of threads in and screw in a couple of spark plugs. Wire them to a Model T spark coil and a switch. Wind the engine up tight in second gear, flip the switch and the plugs would ignite the unburned fuel leaving the tailpipes resulting in six foot columns of flame from each pipe. It would scare the crap out of you at night.
Ahhh the good old days....
John
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 07 May 2005 15:26:22 GMT, "John‰]                                                                 "

$225 for that.... That's crazy..... You can do the same thing for about $5. I did it and it works. Somewhere back in the late 60's or early 70's, someone told me to clean the engine on an old car, take a quart of transmission fluid and slowly dump it down your carburetor while the engine is running. So, I parked my car on my driveway and started pouring it in. Within a few seconds the whole neighborhood was completely covered with smoke. I had neighbors cussing at me, and someone called the fire dept. I had to do some real explaining when the fire dept came, and brought along a few cops.
OK, besides the smoke problem, the other thing that happened was my engine killed and was not easy to start again, forcing me to remove all the spark plugs and spray carb cleaner on them to get all the oil off. Of course, when the car did start, all the trans fluid that was still in the intake manifold started smoking again, so I drove the car away from the neighborhood quickly.
Determined to still clean my engine, I had to come up with a better way of doing this. First, I had to get away from residential areas, second, I had to get the car moving fast so the engine would not kill.
Thus, I took a piece of vacuum hose, connected it to one of the vacuum ports on the carburetor, and shoved it thru a hole in the firewall, into the drivers compartment. Then I installed a small plumbing valve in the hose and ran more hose to a bottle of transmission fluid sitting on the floor on the passenger side. I wired the hose and valve to the dash, and took the car out on the freeway. When I got up to about 60mph, I opened the valve slowly. The smoke began to pour out of the tailpipe. If I opened the valve too much, I'd feel the engine begin to run roughly, so I just backed off on the valve a little. Soon, I knew just how many turns to give that valve to make lots of smoke and still keep the engine running smoothly, (while cleaning my engine real well). Of course I did this about 3am when there was little traffic and the smoke was not very visible. Well, the smoke was not real visible until a taligater decided that even though there were 3 lanes, he had to ride my ass in the same lane. I waited till he got real close to open the valve. Seconds later, he was buried in a cloud of smoke, and I swear I could hear him cussing.
This sort of became a habit. My engine was never quite clean enough. if you know what I mean. That was until I got pulled over by the cops. I quickly tossed a coat over the bottle of ATF, and dropped the hose on the floor. I explained to the cop that I have a sticking piston ring and every so often the engine starts burning lots of oil. The cop bought my story, and told me I should get the engine repaired. I told him I would, and went on my way. When I got home, I decided it was time to remove the hose and stuff. Besides, after running at least 5 quarts of ATF thru my engine, I know my engine was clean.
By the way, I drove that car for another 5 or 6 years, so maybe that ATF really did clean the engine ....
Add pictures here
✖
I made the mistake in high school of mentioning my idea of a fire extinguisher in the trunk of a vehicle and having it aimed at the vehicle behind with a remote firing mechanism.
Of course one of my buddies stole a large fire extinguisher and had a friend aim it out the back window at a tailgater. Nearly caused a wreck.
======= John wrote:

Why deal in fantasies? You can order one of these *today*.
http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm/partfamilyid/1547/key_word/smoke
John
Add pictures here
✖

Only "NEARLY" ? Too bad it didn't cause a wreck. All tailgaters should go out in a giant ball of fire...... Hmmmmm, that means a fire extinguisher should not be used unless it's full of gasoline....
Add pictures here
✖

My idea was always a mirror, which should accomplish the same thing, or at least get the idiot to turn off the hi-beams.
Greg Guarino
Add pictures here
✖
Abe wrote:

Well that makes it kind of useless, doesn't it?
Add pictures here
✖
Abe, 5/7/2005, 3:55:11 AM, wrote:

Something very similar to this happened to me and my friend in our wilder days. He had one of those German Ford Capris and was always trying to show it off around other people. One time he picked the wrong guy, some 70s American muscle car. He rode his ass for 1/8th mile or so and even though the other car could have just blown us away he turned on this spotlight attached to the rear deck of his car and blinded us like we were in interrogation rooms. Needless to say my friend backed off instantly and kept his distance the rest of the way.
--
No matter what happens someone will find a way to take it too seriously.

Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 06 May 2005 23:53:22 -0500, HaroldSullivanII wrote:

<snip>
Hehe, thanks for the chuckle. Darn good idea.
Linux Registered User #327951
✖
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

You don't need 10 gallons, just a few drops of oil inside a hot tailpipe produces a huge white cloud of smoke and noone can tailgate when they cannot see.
--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

probably raise your percentage.
Who says American ingenuity is in decline?
Greg Guarino
Add pictures here
✖
HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHA
ROFL
Talking about ways to kill people on the roadway is such fun!
HAHHHAHHAHHHHAAAHHHAH
Add pictures here
✖
HAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAH
Golly, this is such a fun thread, talking about road rage, and what not!
I hate to tell you all this, but I'm submitting lawsuits against each and every one of you, for giving advice thatcould cause harm.
If you don't like it, don't blame me.
Talk to Doug and Chris.
They told me I could sue you if you gave bad advice.
Add pictures here
✖
One other thing -
As it seems there are many in this NG (Chris, Doug) quickly come to mind - who have NO sense of humor;
I'm not filing lawsuits against ANYONE.
It's USENET, OK?
If you want to meet people who will gladly confuse reality with ascii, and try to ruin your life - go on over to alt.hvac.
Attempting to ruin lives and bringing true misery to people seems to be a speciaty for the folks there.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

These might work too: