muddy well water

I have been reading some archived posts about this subject. Let me know if im on the right track. I just moved into a house built in 1965, with an original shallow well. After a good rain the other day my water has become brown and muddy. I currently have the hose running to see if that will clear it up. Am I doing the right thing? Thanks in advance Chris

Reply to
CHRIS MCLOUGHLIN

Probably not...if your well is so shallow that runoff is contaminating it visibly, I'd certainly be for having it checked for coliform and other contaminants...that's a good sign.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Agreed. You really need a coliform bacteria test, and then to see about stopping the influx of dirty water.

And if you wanted to filter the color out, you'd need a properly sized backwashed turbidity filter. Proper size means the filter would have a SFR (service flow rate) large enough to treat the peak demand of your plumbing.

Reply to
Gary Slusser

Got done painting my shop , well, I thought I was doing pretty good as I put drop cloths down everywhere. Well, evidently the step ladder ripped a hole in one cloth. I went and picked up all the cloths and I have a big spot of paint that seeped throuigh the hole in the cloth. Is there any secrets to removing latex paint from a cement floor ? Or any products out there that do a good job ? Thanks, Iowa883

Reply to
P12