muddy well water

I have been reading some archived posts about this subject. Let me know if im on the right track. I just moved into a house built in 1965, with an original shallow well. After a good rain the other day my water has become brown and muddy. I currently have the hose running to see if that will clear it up. Am I doing the right thing? Thanks in advance Chris
CHRIS MCLOUGHLIN wrote:

Probably not...if your well is so shallow that runoff is contaminating it visibly, I'd certainly be for having it checked for coliform and other contaminants...that's <not> a good sign.

Agreed. You really need a coliform bacteria test, and then to see about stopping the influx of dirty water.
And if you wanted to filter the color out, you'd need a properly sized backwashed turbidity filter. Proper size means the filter would have a SFR (service flow rate) large enough to treat the peak demand of your plumbing.
--
Gary
Quality Water Associates

Got done painting my shop , well, I thought I was doing pretty good as I put drop cloths down everywhere. Well, evidently the step ladder ripped a hole in one cloth. I went and picked up all the cloths and I have a big spot of paint that seeped throuigh the hole in the cloth. Is there any secrets to removing latex paint from a cement floor ? Or any products out there that do a good job ? Thanks, Iowa883